T1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T1000

Yes, another thread on the topic but a little different.

Been thinking one one for next winter so I've been keeping an eye on rod sales. For such a new rod and one that gets a lot of praise I've been surprised at the number that quickly come up for sale - more than I would have thought for an expensive piece of kit.

Any thoughts on why - is it just too much for some people? If you're used to the heavy ground Century rods can you assume you can handle it?

Haven’t used the T1000 I should say firstly.

I think a big part of why we have seen a fair few for sale is simply because a new rod comes out and lads buy it – simple as that, especially with Century.

Just like when a new mk comes out, people buy it just because its new – I think a lot of this goes on in fishing, around our area at least. It must be the latest rod and if its not it means you don’t know what you’re doing
    People turn their noses up at a rod because its say a mk1, when sometimes (not most of the time granted) the earlier rods will actually be better than the new ones.
    Much like if your rod has scratches on it that means it wont catch fish...

By the way, this isn’t dig at Century buyers as I'm a Century man myself…just my opinion
    Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
    CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Originally posted by LiamNE View Post
      Haven’t used the T1000 I should say firstly.

I think a big part of why we have seen a fair few for sale is simply because a new rod comes out and lads buy it – simple as that, especially with Century.

Just like when a new mk comes out, people buy it just because its new – I think a lot of this goes on in fishing, around our area at least. It must be the latest rod and if its not it means you don’t know what you’re doing
      People turn their noses up at a rod because its say a mk1, when sometimes (not most of the time granted) the earlier rods will actually be better than the new ones.
      Much like if your rod has scratches on it that means it wont catch fish...

By the way, this isn’t dig at Century buyers as I'm a Century man myself…just my opinion
      Could be right mate. I can see that as its human nature to want something new and shiny. I'd like to try a T1000 but don't want to take too much of a chance especially as my now old and worn SS does me such a good job.

Comment

It's a hobby lads like new gear, I am guilty of buying the latest gear some say I am mad some ask why, my answer is simple I buy them as I enjoy casting and fishing if I go out and use it once and hate it, it might cost me £100 by the time I sell it, how many times have I went out on a night out and spent £100 and thought I wouldn't go out there again. Or I might but it live it and add it to the collection, to me it's about finding something better. Personally I don't care what other gear people use and I find it's the lads who don't buy expensive gear have a bigger problem with the lads who do rather than other way round.

Comment

Simple really, tackle tarts
          Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

I'm into me mountain biking & It's just the same. Lots of riders simply HAVE to have the latest gear. You can get some bargain 2nd hand bikes cos of this & It's the same with fishing stuff. For instance there was a Century TT Sport sold on Fleabay last week, described, & looked in excellent nick, £218 inc postage.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
              Simple really, tackle tarts
              Doesn't answer why so many seem to flog them pretty quick

Comment

Because they buy them to try them I think they are the best rods on the market for fixed spool and braid on our coastline

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
                  Because they buy them to try them I think they are the best rods on the market for fixed spool and braid on our coastline
                  Might have to buy one afterall
                  Ive never actually seen one come to think of it, might of had a glance last time I was in NETS but certainly not seen one getting used.

What makes them so good for braid/FS, Phil?
                  Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                  CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

I'm quite happy sticking with my E1000. Got a few people telling me it's too stiff for my fixed spools, etc etc, and to be honest, it's fine with them, love it, especially since it's been rebuilt. All ready for the summer.
                    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by LiamNE View Post
                      Might have to buy one afterall
                      Ive never actually seen one come to think of it, might of had a glance last time I was in NETS but certainly not seen one getting used.

What makes them so good for braid/FS, Phil?
                      There action is very powerful but bends nicely into the butt which has a nice give on it, plus it's light and very fast recovery

Comment

t1000

Is it just me ,they look a bit soft in the videos ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmike View Post
                          Is it just me ,they look a bit soft in the videos ive seen.
                          What videos have you seen? Only video I have seen is Gary using it and looks far from soft 200g leads and a big crab baits, I have one and there brilliant they are not a Pole they are a very powerful through action rod,
                          Last edited by Philthebag; 21-03-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Thought you sold yrs phil straight away?
                            The 'five plums!' Northumberland sea league champions.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cod,cod,cod!;835892]Thought you sold yrs phil straight away?[/

I sold one when I stopped using braid but went back to braid, but my problem wAs the fixed spools I was using.

Comment

Working...
                              X