Comp in Scotland for anyone interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp in Scotland for anyone interested

Caithness sea angling assoc. annual shore championship match is to be held on Saturday 27th November on the old ola pier at scrabster, meet at the pier head for the draw at 3pm fishing time will be 4pm-8pm, it will be on a catch and release basis with the overall length being the winner. Entry fee is £10 for seniors and this will include pools for the longest fish, and £3 for juniors. Anyone can enter but do it early as spaces may be limited so dont be disappointed if you turn up on the day and all the places are gone.
    there will be a guaranteed first prize of £100. along with cash for 2nd and 3rd
    entry forms are available from Harpers tackle shop in Thurso and Hugos tackle shop in Wick,
    for further info call graham on 01955 611496

If anyone wants to come up for it and needs crash space, that is not a problem we have loads available...just let us know. We live ten minutes walk from the harbour and it is all downhill ha ha ha.

contact for me and stu is
    thegents@247id.co.uk
    Paula
    www.tugmistress.co.uk
    webcam, weather station and interesting cr*p

paula
    do you work in the port where the gas tanks are

sless

Comment

Hope it goes well Paula. I like the catch and release bit.

Comment

how do you police/refereee/judge a catch and release comp??, I suspoose if its just on the one pier (a short one!) some one could run up and down with a measuring stick (technical term)

Shame more comps couldn\'t be fished on a catch and release basis, there must be thousands of fish killed every year for a weigh in that end up going to waste

too wide open for abuse I suppose to trust peoples honesty
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Hi Sless,
          yes i work at the harbour where the gas tanks are, i think it is closing down at xmas if scottish fuels or someone else doesn\'t buy it off BP, that\'s the latest i have heard about it anyway.

Hi Ell,
          the comps up here are always catch and release, if anything is caught that someone wants to eat, as long as it is over the legal limit they can keep it for the pot.

Hi Mark,
          It depends on the venue, the organiser usually fishes but also does the running around with the measuring stick when people yell they have a fish, on dunnet beach the people catching had to go to nominated fishers with measuring sticks, i think there were about 2 or 3 because of the spread of people on that beach. The Ola pier is only about 200m in length and we only usually use the outer 100m.

Paula
          Paula
          www.tugmistress.co.uk
          webcam, weather station and interesting cr*p

Comment

Working...
          X