This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tynemouth pier

i e-mailed tyne port authority and got this reply ,can someone please define upper level ?im asuming this means the top lol not the tunnels underneath woohoo tynemouth here i come

Thank you for your email.

Individual anglers are allowed to fish from the upper level of the North
    Pier providing they abide by the opening and closing times of the pier.
    The lower level is reserved for angling clubs by arrangement.
    cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Why is there a big NO FISHING sign on the gate then?

I suppose if you print the email out and take it with you nobody can object!

Nice one Bri, please let me know how it goes!
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

[Edited on 16/11/2004 by Ell]

Comment

used to fish it years ago when i was a youngen,thought it was clubs only ,i was bored last night and went to there web site and sent an e-mail to enquire as to why individual anglers wernt allowed,imagine my suprise when they said you could ,anyone know the opening times lol ,night sessions are prob a no no
        cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

I think a lot of people will be interested in this bri as Keith says if you take your letter with you it could be interesting as to what is said.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

ive just sent the lady in question another e-mail to enquire as to the opening times and whom to contact to arrange a club arrangement ,might be a NESA comp could be arranged if there willing
            cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

a single pier comp would be a sound way to have a catch and release comp, measure the lengths of each fish and add em up
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

well bri m8 very good post!
                i\'m very interested in this post so plz keep informing me wether its reply or Pm bri!
                so you can fish there during the day but you have to be there on the top level!.......
                WOULD ABSOULTE LOVE A NIGHT SESSION IN THE WINTER THERE IT\'S A SHAME IF WE ARNT ALLOWED
                "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
                Tight Lines,
                jonny mc

Comment

a single pier comp would be a sound way to have a catch and release comp, measure the lengths of each fish and add em up
                  great a volunteer already lol not sure how that would work mark ,would someone have to run up and down with a tape measure good idea though with maybe anglers permited to keep one fish from the overall catch
                  still awaiting a reply from the e-mail will keep you posted
                  cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

forgot to ask has anyone tried fishing on the pier and been asked to leave by the security guards or anyone else for that matter ??
                    cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Your biggest problem is only having access to the top level. Although the round end is easily accessed as it\'s got a rail around it some better shots are on the seaward side and you\'ve got that 4 foot wall in front of you. For me with the scarboro that means standing on the wall to hoy out and for everyone it means an awkward hand ball up with any reasonable fish. If the access is as bri says then my personal thoughts, from a safety point of view, was that access ONLY to the lower level would be more sensible. When it was too dangerous to fish because of the swell then presumably the pier would be closed anyway.

Comment

one thing at a time lol any access is good from my point of view at the moment
                        the lower levels open to all would create problems for the clubs
                        its a work in progress although i agree with the safety issue ,ive had some good fish from the middens side of the pier in the past(long way back),but maybe by getting in touch and asking about these issues and if anglers can prove they arnt going to litter and cause a havock on the pier then maybe in time the lower levels will be open to individual anglers
                        cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Dear sir/madam
                          After a long spell out of the sport ive just taken up
                          sea fishing again,years ago i used to fish tynemouth pier ,after some
                          enquiries im led to believe that only clubs are permited to fish from
                          the pier now and not members of the general public,could you confirm this and if so the reasons as to why the individual anglers are no longer allowed this right ?

thankyou in advance

the reply is in the first post

enquiries@portoftyne.co.uk is the address to write to
                          cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

just sent an email to them myself will be intersting to see the reply

hell of a call emailing the bribones would never of contemplated that 1

Comment

would signing a PETITION not help at all? LOL.......erm..........?
                              "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
                              Tight Lines,
                              jonny mc

Comment

Working...
                              X