Whitby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitby

Working in Whitby on Thursday from 3.00 pm. Wondered if it was worth going down early with a rod. Any ideas where I should try during daylight?

Colossus

gonna depend on what fishing you\'re after , what ground you wanna fish and what time. HW is about 8am. The West pier can be fished at any time and is likely to through up the usual whitey\'s , small chance of a codling if you fish the end and cast towards the hard ground off the East pier. Sandsend beach for whitey\'s , cliffs for codling. The rougher ground will give you the best chance of codling , especially on a the ebb . If you know the area check out www.photorecce.co.uk for marks in the area.

Comment

Get yourself onto Whitby\'s east pier (one under the abbey) 2 hours before high water go towards the end of the hard standing (last big white capston), chuck about 50-70 yards, further if you can manage it, straight out to sea. There are some good fish caught from there even in daylight if there is a bit of movement in the water.
      Best i\'ve seen was 3 years ago, 21lb pure fresh run cod, there are always one or two decent fish get caught every year.

Comment

Thanks lads. I\'ll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
        X