can you still get on the heugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you still get on the heugh

fancy fishing the heugh Friday night or Saturday morning ,was just wondering if you can climb over the middle gates or have they welded loads of spikes on them, any info is well appreciated, cheers Paul

dunno about the spikes but i do no they have welded new gates on
    species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

not sure mate but while i was on the middleton last night i seen 2 headlights of two lads foolishly fishing the shackles so i presume you can im off over there tonight
      personal best pier:2003 xmas eve the hugh 12lb4oz

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydaz View Post
        not sure mate but while i was on the middleton last night i seen 2 headlights of two lads foolishly fishing the shackles so i presume you can im off over there tonight
        Now then Daz how did it go on middleton mate! has that gate been locked agian? I went to the Tyne one little tiddler of a whitie 4" long whilst me little angel was at the Paramore concert at the arena !!

Comment

had a look earlyer mate and there was atleast 6 people on the heugh so i presume you can sill get on
          species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

cheers for the info lads ,giving it a crack at low water early saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthespark View Post
              cheers for the info lads ,giving it a crack at low water early saturday morning.
              I've just checked the posts on the wsf site and thevy've put a temp gate up some were in h'pool peirs i think its the heugh mate!!

Comment

just come off the heugh the gate has had thick wire and bars welded over it. the main fence is a nightmare to get over as its all loose off that last storm couple of lads ripped there suits getting on. sea was still big with loads cracking over at the gate and the odd one towards the end.... time the swells then run like f*ck haha, fishing was very hard work with only a few fish landed out of about 15 anglers. 2 n half hours into the ebb and it was too big couldnt hold bottom so you will not fish it over low mate.

Comment

heugh fence

Fished there till 1800 hours today. The fence is a nightmare to get over as it is all twisted from the recent storm. Not too bad if there are two of u. Had two good bass and a good ting. Not many cod caught biggest around 3 lb. Sea seemed to be building as we left and was starting to come over on the end.
                  Loads couldnt get on as the sea was coming over from 2 hours before and 2 hours after high tide before the barrier. Saw loads get soaked - needless to say they turned around and went home or elsewhere.

Comment

I was one of the divvys who ran up to the fence avoiding the waves. Tried to get over but on my own it was to difficult with my stuff. I ran back off the pier avoiding the waves and went to the Pilot-couple of casts then went round to the Prom. All in all a sh-t day and i blanked. If the heugh stays inaccesable i,m not sure i,ll be fishing in Hartlepool as much.
                    Oh and some tossers set fire to Steetly where the timbers still are as you go on.
                    mick
                    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by fish2704 View Post
                      Fished there till 1800 hours today. The fence is a nightmare to get over as it is all twisted from the recent storm. Not too bad if there are two of u. Had two good bass and a good ting. Not many cod caught biggest around 3 lb. Sea seemed to be building as we left and was starting to come over on the end.
                      Loads couldnt get on as the sea was coming over from 2 hours before and 2 hours after high tide before the barrier. Saw loads get soaked - needless to say they turned around and went home or elsewhere.
                      i was one of the lads on the end mate with the grey hoody on and the real tree coat. got a bit of a wave over me on way off lol.. was hard going today for the amount of top quility bait going in.
                      Last edited by Hartlepool codder; 19-11-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

we saw a couple of lads on the bottom making there way along and they got soaked by a massive wave. They turned round and ran back.Can,t have been local--i timed my runs up on top--just as well cos if the wave got me i,d have ended up on my ar-e.
                        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

its no wonder they welded new bars and mesh across the gate mind , with certain people putting pics of the missing gate on every fishing site in the northeast.

Comment

Working...
                          X