Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bait

hi just wondering wheres the best place to get good lug worm and rag worm

new tackle shop at lynemouth a got sum mint rag last week and he lug wos god aswell mate

Comment

Would help if you told us where you live mate. In my area I've had excellent bait from the Friarage in Hartlepool and NETS in Seaham. Coast Road tackle in Horden can be good as well though it can depend on who serves you in there.
      CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Most of the time, the quality of the bait you buy from Fishing tackle shops is only as good as the bait suplier. Personaly I have never had any problem with fresh lugworm bought from Lewis Tackle in Whitley Bay.
        When you ring them up and enquire about worm availability, they will always let you know as to the quality. For example : " Yes we have lugworm in, but the worms supplied to us today are quite small mind "
        Have to point out that most of the time the lugworm from here are of a decent size, but the point I am making is ; if theyr'e not, then they will let you know. Even then if you decide to buy them they always put a few extra in each packet to make up for this.
        Best thing to do mind is to buy a decent fork and dig your own whenever possible.

Comment

got rag for the first time from lewis's a few weeks ago and it was spot highly recommend that place..........

Comment

bagnal and kirkwoods in newcastle for rag .been getting great worms.

Comment

Yes it would help if you put in your location.

john.
              One More Hoy

Comment

soz lads my location is fenham newcastle

Comment

Another nod for Lewis's from me, bait's been top and is on clear display in the glass-fronted fridge when you go in, service is spot on. Expect a wait if they are busy and take note that if you wait it is because they are taking time with every customer to give advice and answer questions.

Comment

ID tackle, never knowly been sold poor bait from there.
                    But I have found, the more you use a local shop, the better the bait you get.
                    Strange, any body else found that.

Comment

bait

aye waldof,baits a funny old thing,sometimes it keeps better than others,even if the same "lot" if you know what i mean if a dealer that has some thats not so good,and some thats good when he sees a regular customertheres a fair chance the regular customer will get the good stuff. incidentaly ive noticed one or two dealers putting rag prices up still its been the same price most places for 7 or 8 years
                      Last edited by lingking; 21-11-2010, 03:17 PM.
                      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                      X