Seaham Hall Beach Sat 20th - WEED WEED & EVEN MORE WEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham Hall Beach Sat 20th - WEED WEED & EVEN MORE WEED

Headed out again to Hall Beach at 12 planning on fishing up to and over high water. Set up at the North end just off the ramp. First cast had a big slack liner, caught up with it, but managed to loose it in the surf. Thought this seems promising, but how wrong could I be. Next few cast the weed started and it got progressively worse. Lost a few rigs to the weed and got really p***ed off to the point where I wondered why I fish. Anyway put my gear in the car and thought I would see if anyone was having any more luck at the South end of the beach. When I got there there was a few fishing but wasn't many fish, but none of the dreaded weed at all. Set up and had a few more casts, but didn't manage any fish.

Well I have cleaned all of my gear and sorted it ready for my next session, think I will try some new marks. I have learned a good lesson today anyway, just how much difference a couple of hundred yards can make and more importantly not to stay at a mark if having no success.

Hi Tony when it is bad there it is bloomin awful. I fished there the other week as the sea was dieing, had two chucks and lost two sets of gear and loads of line within minutes because of the weed. I ended up jacking and heading to South Shields which was thankfully weed free.

Hope it is better tomorrow for the Seaham Town Council though with the Northerly winds forecast it could be a bit rough.
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

seaburn marsden and shields seem to be fishing better then seaham.

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, Tony - fish the North end on a Northerly sea and the South end on a Southerly sea. The heavy ground at either end of the beach tends to catch the weed.
        To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

hall beach fished well today some of the heviest bags from there but a lot of fish lost with weed being to heavy and line snapping in the swell while trying to beach the fish .

Comment

Originally posted by kensr27sz View Post
            hall beach fished well today some of the heviest bags from there but a lot of fish lost with weed being to heavy and line snapping in the swell while trying to beach the fish .
            i had a walk along earlyer seen a few fish any idea what/who won the comp
            Cod machine

Comment

kingcod deano check stc thread .

Comment

Working...
              X