No announcement yet.

Greys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never afford to buy a new zipplex century or grays as I am retired and on the state pension that is a joke.
    two years ago I got a second hand zipplex sst of my m8 found the rod to be canny but I am no expert.
    then i got myself a new leeda icon sport power for the price does the job also have the leeda icon match as my main rod when I can get out.
    as far as grays goes I have two of there fly rods the design and product has not changed for years. my shakespear forty+ in my opinion is a better fly rod.
    have also found that most of grays clothing are over priced and all tend to be small fitting and not the best product on the market for the price they charge.
    think at lot of people not just in fishing go for the brand name just to impress other people in there chosen sport.
    thing is you could purchase one of these expensive rods and find you dont like it does not come up to your expectations so you are stuck with it.
    this is just my opinion lads
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
      I am sick of zziplex, you could have 10 of the same rods lined up and everyone could be miles different shocking really that you can't buy a rod and know roughly how it feels, i think the new rod is a rip off from century's t1000 zziplex is dated now no new models for ages, and you need of humped a caster or 2 to get a new rod. Plus the price increse £500 near enough for a blank haha
      Haha no humping other casters for me but maybe a small fondle lol. Believe you me the trc is nowt like a t1000 or any other century. The t1000 is an ok rod but the taper in the tip is slightly too slow making the tip feel a little sloppy imo, tip bounces about in the wind. Bought one 2nd hand and got shot straight away, no loss as they are very much THE rod in most people's eyes just not mine. Blank prices are getting a little silly I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
        Now ya talkin a pile of -hite sonik
        Ooo sorry Sonik then same as Greys rods in my book a pyle or pile of China clay

Comment

Working...
        X