What oil to use to for slosh 30/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What oil to use to for slosh 30/20

Morning lads and lasses, hope yous are smashing these coddling in the last few days.
    just a quick one, am just wanting to know what is the best oil for reel bearings and does it matter? as long as it's reel oil of any sort . Cheers .

I tend to use 3 in 1 oil on the slosh for my penn fathom reels I use rocket fuel
    l also give the reels a spray with WD40 .
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Cheers for that m8 av got new bearings on the way for them do you advise to clean the grease off they come in and lubricate your self before you fit them ?

Comment

penn reels have that thick blue grease take them out and the spindel put them in lighter fuel few mins them dry them off add oil of your choice 3 & 1 does the job for me.
        got the rocket fuel as saw it in sea angler mag they say its the top oil to use on reels ?
        there is a short video on youtube service sea reels check it out
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Yeh will do m8 cheers for that

Comment

Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
            Yeh will do m8 cheers for that
            not a problem let me know how you get on once the reels are cleaned they will be spot on
            consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
              penn reels have that thick blue grease take them out and the spindel put them in lighter fuel few mins them dry them off add oil of your choice 3 & 1 does the job for me.
              got the rocket fuel as saw it in sea angler mag they say its the top oil to use on reels ?
              there is a short video on youtube service sea reels check it out
              Rocket fuel is one of those many products designed to part gullible anglers from their cash. For any fishing reel a drop (or two for a slower reel) of bog standard mineral car engine oil will do the trick. Just my humble one but I always want my fishing reels running safe rather than quick. For the sake of a few yards in fishing conditions it's not worth risking a fast reel (again only my humble one). I can put a bait plenty far enough and it must be well over 7 or 8 years since I last had a fishing crack-off.

On a related point I wouldn't put WD40 anywhere near my reels, it acts as a solvent so will thin out the oil in the bearings...
              CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

I use the penn reel oil for all my reels,works for melike stewart say's avoid blasting wd all over your reel's,I spray it on a rag then give the reel a carefull wipe over just to clean it,remove crud/salt

Comment

Some good pints across the board there lads . Many ways round things am sure . If the bearings arrive in morning am going to try using a few drops of fully synthetic engine oil as that's all I have in shed and be away fishing come 11 , see how the reels are like that and al be to give my opinion after use . As for the Wd40 never realised it would thin out or wash away the lubricant so al just use the cloth to wipe down my reels .
                  Al buy some reel lube when am at bait shop just in case .
                  Cheers for the comments .

Comment

I spray the wd 40 onto a cloth then wipe around the side plates and the reel seat I dont spray directly onto the reel or inside the reel, I should have said that in my reply save any confusion.
                    for the rocket fuel yes I was one of the gullible anglers stewart that purchsed a bottle after it came recommended by my local tackle shop, had it about 3 years now just used it couple times tend to use 3 in1 oil
                    always used 3 in1 oil on my guns when I used to go shooting.
                    Last edited by dale19; 07-10-2015, 01:41 PM.
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

got 2 tubes of yellow and 2 red that came in the box with a couple of 6500's I bought, should see me out like, lol

Comment

Just end up using the grease the bearings came in and work well last night, but going to get some 3 in 1 and give them a few drops after a clean . Cheers for the input lads .

Comment

Working...
                        X