which fixed spool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which fixed spool??

was thinking of getting a fixed spool for braid use, which would you recommend the spinfisher V 7500lc or a shimano ultegra 14000xsc?
    cheers

the shimano will have the edge over casting and smoothness but the spinfisher is more robust built like a tank and will not flex on the reel foot so i my opinion spinfisher all the way been using one for a while now and cannot fault it especially in the cabbage
    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

I like the spin Fisher, but for rough ground fishing you can't go wrong with an okuma trio rex white model, only a £100 quid. It's lightish and smallish.
      ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
      Okuma trio Rex
      Aerlex 7000xsa
      Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Spinfisher is a better all round reel than the shimano the ultegras i wouldn't use as flatty reel, they wobble and flex alot, but there light and cast slightly better, all depends where you fish, if you fish clean ground the ultegra, if you fish other mixed/heavy ground then spinfisher

Comment

Nothing wrong with flatties Phil, spin Fisher just sounds like a ****e name, where as a t rex sounds manly and aggressive, like it eats raw meat.
          ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
          Okuma trio Rex
          Aerlex 7000xsa
          Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Agree with the above. I have both the 7500LC and Ultegra 14000xsc. Ultegra hardly gets used.

Comment

Another one to think about, fox diablo 750s, tough as bulls lugs.
              Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                I like the spin Fisher, but for rough ground fishing you can't go wrong with an okuma trio rex white model, only a £100 quid. It's lightish and smallish.
                How do you rate the shiman aerlex 8000 you had they look a good reel to me was thinking of getting one.
                did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
                  Another one to think about, fox diablo 750s, tough as bulls lugs.
                  Gone up in price now as what they used to be ,been shopping around for one.

Comment

Go for the aerlex 8000 pg . Lower gear ratio 3.8.1 better for reeling in.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmike View Post
                      Go for the aerlex 8000 pg . Lower gear ratio 3.8.1 better for reeling in.
                      That's what I like about them the retrieve rate is like the older fix spool versions.there are two models one has better line lay but the other has better drag system or summit like that.had a look on eBay but couldn't find the pg model but I believe Glasgow angling ctre has them in.

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                        That's what I like about them the retrieve rate is like the older fix spool versions.there are two models one has better line lay but the other has better drag system or summit like that.had a look on eBay but couldn't find the pg model but I believe Glasgow angling ctre has them in.
                        £69.99 fosters of Birmingham. gerrys a bit dearer . Same gear ratio as the old biomaster 8000gt, They was a good reel.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmike View Post
                          £69.99 fosters of Birmingham. gerrys a bit dearer . Same gear ratio as the old biomaster 8000gt, They was a good reel.
                          Hi thanks for info reel is a good price,biomaster 8000 gt I have one great reel.

Comment

Ultegra C14 XSC/XTB 14000 are beautuful bits of gear: beach, river and mixed ground work. Not had anything over 5 on mine but is a joy for my Blyth/Lynemouth/Whitley work - which is 75% of my fishing. Speaking from experience of the 7500s - prefer the Shimano.

Comment

still using penn 7000/8000 had huss and rays up to 16 1\2lb no problems. much better control with braid reducing the need to bully fish. you get two good reels for the price of one spin fisher. at the end of the day its a personal choice - your choice! tight lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X