No announcement yet.

brocken leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the advice. Slightly unrelated but found this doing a bit of googling on the area. Found it quite interesting not being from the area.
    Bunker complex under Hartley.

Comment

thanks for replys,much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Boro5707 View Post
        No is before devils hole Stan, it's this side of the crag, is hardly a gulley, more a depression.
        Just to the left of the crag on the pic, go down the grassy bank and it's quite comfortable. Only enough room for two anglers though, had some good nights on there me and Mitch. You can fish it from further along the cliff top as well obviously.

As chukka says, collywell seems to have falling out of favour but we fish it and do pretty well there to be honest. Another high water shot round the corner from the crag can also throw out some nice fish too.
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

The leg still my fav high water chuck on a big sea. Had good bags from here and good stamp aswell with a few high doubles from it. As dave said need a neap tide on a good sea because when its big and a big tide it pushes u up to the cliff face and u can't get back with nowhere to go.
          Even had fish to 6lb at low on the end of the skeer chucking 2 the opening. U can also b overun with rockling in the hole end big ones they give u a hell of a hit. Prefur it on a southeasterly when I have had the bigger fish but also good on northerly's.

Comment

Originally posted by Billzo View Post
            The leg still my fav high water chuck on a big sea. Had good bags from here and good stamp aswell with a few high doubles from it. As dave said need a neap tide on a good sea because when its big and a big tide it pushes u up to the cliff face and u can't get back with nowhere to go.
            Even had fish to 6lb at low on the end of the skeer chucking 2 the opening. U can also b overun with rockling in the hole end big ones they give u a hell of a hit. Prefur it on a southeasterly when I have had the bigger fish but also good on northerly's.
            cheers bill

Comment

Originally posted by Boro5707 View Post
              Cheers for the advice. Slightly unrelated but found this doing a bit of googling on the area. Found it quite interesting not being from the area.
              Bunker complex under Hartley.

Report - - Huge bunker complex | 28DaysLater.co.uk
              Interesting, I remember going in to that about 30 years ago. There was a bricked up entrance about half way up the cliffs that had been opened up slightly and lead to a warren of tunnels and rooms. It was known to the local school kids as the “CD” hole or Civil Defence hole. It appears to have either collapsed or been dynamited some years ago now to block the way in.

Comment

Working...
              X