Razor for bait....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor for bait....

Few questions regarding using razor as bait lads. I know it fishes best after a good stir up off the beaches but would you use fresh or frozen? Does it even matter? Also is the stuff sold in the Chinese supermarkets ok? (Still in the shell I think). Cheers in advance
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

The smellier the better with razor mate, same as mussel. Use it fresh or frozen but keep on slinging it back in the freezer after a sesh out and it only gets better.
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

if your going to freeze your own.

i collect them fresh and shell them on to newspaper. this will release any excess moisture leaving just the shelfish. drop a couple into small ziplock bags and freeze flat. you,ll have a better bait once defrosted, no shelling on cold nights and it takes up a lot less space in your freezer.

Comment

Good in the river at the minute mate. I have best results with it as a cocktail with blacks.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
          Good in the river at the minute mate. I have best results with it as a cocktail with blacks.
          Cheers mark. Was thinking a nice black would sit alongside a razor for a decent bait. Will see if I can get my hands on some....
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Top bait I always have some razor in me bait box I just fold it over and bind it with bait elastic into like sausage then thread me hook into it with crab or mussel also fresh blacks killer bait

Comment

I use it the same as Broon Shoe and it refreezes well .It fishes better once its getting a bit smelly and best after a blow when the water is still coloured.

Comment

What's the going rate per kilo, any ideas?

Comment

Fresh as the sea lifts then stinky as the sea dies.

Comment

About a fiver a kilo in the Chinese supermarket , the small ones fit in a food flask and are better after refrozen , always have a flask with a dozen in to chop and change baits , it's a great bait to keep in the freezer with squid , blacks and mussel just incase the seas away and ya fancy a few hours when the shops shut .
                    I am a fisherman !
                    It is not merely something that I do
                    It is who I am !
                    Fishing is not simply my escape.
                    It is where I am supposed to be.
                    It is not a place that I go
                    But a lifelong journey that I am taking
                    It is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show others.
                    When you understand all of this you will then know me .
                    And we will fish together

Comment

Its the only bait i prefer out of the freezer

Comment

Like above,great with blacks and or mussel,I like razor smelly,in n out of the freezer only makes it better...Sure is better when the fish are looking/feeding on e'm after a blow

Comment

Working...
                        X