Leeda Icon M Sport (bad rings?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeda Icon M Sport (bad rings?)

Any insights very much appreciated.... I've just got my hands on one of these in tip top condition. Looks like a good rod for clean ground and piers. Nice blank, feels good, but the rings/eyes seem cheap... has anyone fished with one and found the rings a problem? Cheers for any help..
    PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Cheap rings, bust easily, best to replace the lot if/when you break afew IMO.

Comment

I have the old model sport power and yes the rings are made of chocolate. I have hardly used mine and already smashed two. Shame because its a lovely rod.

Anyone any idea how much a new set of rings fitted is?

Comment

my icon rod went over in the wind bust three rings got fish fingers to replace all the rings stan gave me some good adivice on rings he did an excellent job on my rod Click image for larger version

Name:	my rod (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1523956
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
          my icon rod went over in the wind bust three rings got fish fingers to replace all the rings stan gave me some good adivice on rings he did an excellent job on my rod [ATTACH]12544[/ATTACH]

what sort of price for that?

Comment

you have a pm.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, lads... I'm almost looking forward to busting the rings now so that I can get better ones put on... Spent the morning down by the river Thames blasting some casts with the new rod. Lovely to cast with - flicks out 4oz and 5oz nicely. Hopefully a bargain.. They retail at £149.99
              PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
                my icon rod went over in the wind bust three rings got fish fingers to replace all the rings stan gave me some good adivice on rings he did an excellent job on my rod [ATTACH]12544[/ATTACH]
                See the above rod and it looks lovely with the new rings. The blanks are supposed to be excellent so with a ring upgrade they are a very good rod. New set of decent rings isn't that cheap but well worth it. Depending on where you live drop Fishfingers (stan - has done my rods and is excellent) or primoman a pm. A few other lads do rods aswell so ask around. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you get it upgraded!!
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Aye the rings are pants. Ive built a couple of ultra powers now & the top 3 ring spacings have been odd too

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefwigum View Post
                    what sort of price for that?
                    best to talk to stan (fish fingers) he can fit any type of ring you want.
                    he has a good selection of rings he can show you + you get good advice from a top rod builder.
                    a lot of lads on nesa have had work done by stan from one ring replacement to a full rod rebuild.
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

Only think I don't like bout icon rings is the leading edge of ring is a bit sharp,could be rounded off a Biltmore making it easier for leader knot to go through,but for value for money hard to go wrong with these rods.
                      did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Good point, that, John\r. It's annoying to have the leader knot stick on the tip ring every time you retrieve - a sure way to knack the ring too. I'm happy with the rod. Very nice to cast with.

Comment

Working...
                        X