sonik rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonik rods

anyone know what them new sonic rods are like,ive heard one of the local top rods is using one and rates it

What model? the gravity gets used by a lot of match anglers
    Cheers Nicky
    http://skarnsundet-fishing.com/
    http://www.sfc.no/ https://www.facebook.com/SFC2014/?fref=ts

Comment

Sonik rods

The new sk4 xtr are nice rods totally different blank made in new factory good to cast and decent bite detection I got 2 for £135 14ft ones when I returned snapped original ones
      Phil

Comment

Just bought a sks black 14ft 5-7oz, not used it yet but it seems a pokey bit of kit. Cheap as chips. Ready for the bellend brigade to jump on me now though !
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by mardenq View Post
          anyone know what them new sonic rods are like,ive heard one of the local top rods is using one and rates it
          Think it's called a zx. A few prototypes kicking about but not released yet a certain Mr Stranger has one i think. Why don't you ring Sonik.
          Was chatting to a guy from Sonik whilst fishing last week. He had a beefed up version of their fixed spool with metal insert into the frame, on trial.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
            Ready for the bellend brigade to jump on me now though !
            you bring it on yourself with comments like that!

Comment

True though
              Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
                Just bought a sks black 14ft 5-7oz, not used it yet but it seems a pokey bit of kit. Cheap as chips. Ready for the bellend brigade to jump on me now though !
                Thing is Sonik must be doing something right as there still in business and always bringing out new stuff yes they got themselves a bit of a bad rep for rods snapping but seems they've sorted that out with a change of the manufacturing factory also fair do's to them they try to cater for all with low priced rods aswell as some higher priced rods me personally think it will be a hard slog back from the snapping rods rep but I think if they keep on the way there going they will put that behind them I've had a look at the Sonik blacks and they seem good rods for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by endurothumpers View Post
                  Thing is Sonik must be doing something right as there still in business and always bringing out new stuff yes they got themselves a bit of a bad rep for rods snapping but seems they've sorted that out with a change of the manufacturing factory also fair do's to them they try to cater for all with low priced rods aswell as some higher priced rods me personally think it will be a hard slog back from the snapping rods rep but I think if they keep on the way there going they will put that behind them I've had a look at the Sonik blacks and they seem good rods for the money.
                  Your absolutely right, time will tell I suppose and if or when it explodes you's will be the first to know. Worth a punt for 85 quid I reckon.
                  Regards Nicky.

Comment

me and me mate seen a one gan on the end of ssp a couple of years ago, went at the spigot and what a bang. think it was only his line that stopped it flying all over the place like, guy was power chucking but still. hopefully the new line will be ok but I'd certainly be nervous with a one after witnessing that. just my opinion like

Comment

To be fair if it went at the spigot its more likely it hadn't been seated properly. I have read a lot about sonik's being crap but can only speak from personal experience with them. I have an sk4 along with a harrison p3 and a couple of zipplex's and while the quality is not the same as the zipplex or the harrison i really can't fault it to be fair had fish to 4lb on it and its never felt close to snapping.

Comment

Originally posted by mardenq View Post
                        Dont matter whose be given a prototype too try,it was free their not going to knock it from the outset.Sonik make middle to bottom end rods,that have a reliable reputation to fail fact.I have seen it with my own eyes happen twice,a sk4,in the hands,of a very competant and very good club angler,it was nt abused or miss used.It just snapped for no apparent reason.

Got no axe to grind with Sonic,and im not biase, l have rods by all the main companies, still have them, for many years none have failed ever,but for over 200 quid a Sonic rod, that has cheap copy fittings,delaminates for no reason,snaps for no reason,,'lobbing' six ounces+bait,and its happened not to a few but hundreds, if not the magority of their product model rods.,

So now they go to where,another China factory to build what another 25 quid blank,and mark up ridiculusly.Wouldnt want one given and feel sorry for people being convinced they are any good,only in the context of a rod for £85 cheap and nasty,possibly dangerous to use, thats about sums it up right.

Comment

agree

Comment

Yeah had 2 myself both snapped, first one emailed them and got a new butt yes butt snapped for free but emailed about the second sk4 when it snapped but no reply, so put it in the bin and bought something better, however that sk4 could cast mind ya really long and there is loads of lads who say the new ones are good, but yes made in a factory in china...... But are century blanks made in China.... Although I haven't ever had a bad century rod
                            ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                            Okuma trio Rex
                            Aerlex 7000xsa
                            Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                              Yeah had 2 myself both snapped, first one emailed them and got a new butt yes butt snapped for free but emailed about the second sk4 when it snapped but no reply, so put it in the bin and bought something better, however that sk4 could cast mind ya really long and there is loads of lads who say the new ones are good, but yes made in a factory in china...... But are century blanks made in China.... Although I haven't ever had a bad century rod
                              Washington I think mate, anyway there's a big union jack sticker slapped on them if that means owt like. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X