What kind of cast???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of cast???

Whilst out fishing today I saw a guy do a cast I had never seen before and wondered if any of you do it or know what its called...

Its hard to explain but I'll try.

He held the rod level pointing backwards and kinda spun the line and weight etc parallel to the rod so it was spinning like a windmill with the rod still levelish (if that makes sense) then whilst the line was spinning round he flicked it out.

Sorry if this makes no sense, only way I can described it. I have tried to draw it incase nobody has a clue what the hell this newbie is on aboot lol excuse the drawing skills haha

Last edited by Fisherman Mick; 23-02-2011, 12:35 AM.

Sounds like the guy was just messing about, unless he was getting good distance with the cast this will be the case. Did you see how far he was casting?

Comment

i'd say it was a pendulum cast????

Comment

i think it,s called the geordie toss lol
        Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

By looks of the drawing it could be the helicopter cast, a variation of the pendulum by someone that hasn't got a clue ha (cant remember anyone being around when a was casting???)

Comment

Av seen a few different casts ova the years but not one like that bud, if you see him again ask him mate.

PS. Love the drawing Mate lol
            www.home-improver.com
            Where quality counts

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman Mick View Post
              Whilst out fishing today I saw a guy do a cast I had never seen before and wondered if any of you do it or know what its called...

Its hard to explain but I'll try.

He held the rod level pointing backwards and kinda spun the line and weight etc parallel to the rod so it was spinning like a windmill with the rod still levelish (if that makes sense) then whilst the line was spinning round he flicked it out.

Sorry if this makes no sense, only way I can described it. I have tried to draw it incase nobody has a clue what the hell this newbie is on aboot lol excuse the drawing skills haha

it makes sense mate as a saw barney wright from total sea fishing do the same cast a few years ago up at the fishing exebition at nisson, he could'nt match danny moscoft though but not a bad cast considering the wind was atrocious
              never thought bout asking wat type of cast it

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Dont think he was goin for great distance as he just flicked it out, but it did look effortless. Glad I'm not the only person whos seen this, thought I was making it up for a sec hahaha. If I see him again I'll ask him about it, and report back

Comment

Originally posted by clarky View Post
                  Love the drawing Mate lol
                  haha cheers

Comment

Sounds like a flat arc pendulum.
                    To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

looks like an adam burns cast shortly followed by a crack and a birds nest

Comment

Originally posted by curtis.dunn View Post
                        looks like an adam burns cast shortly followed by a crack and a birds nest
                        PMSL ill second that.

Comment

Was it this young chap

http://<iframe title="YouTube video ...reen></iframe>

Try this even, i.e. don't try the first link and make sure you read this from the bottom upwards, otherwise you may have tried it already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QhDa...eature=related
                          Last edited by Charlie_Thompson; 23-02-2011, 10:20 PM.
                          "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                          Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

He's better than them performing guys in the circus

Comment

Haha

was he wearing chinn pads?

Comment

Working...
                              X