To much kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much kit

Was sorting through my kit the other day ( 3 beach rods 7 multiplyer reels uptide rod boat rods 4 spinning rods 6 fixed spool reels ) and thought why do I have all this kit when recently all I've been using is my uptide rod and a fixed spool reel an been doing ok. then wondered how many guys have a thousands of pounds worth of top rods and reels and never be able to use them to their full potential and a rod and reel costing £100 would catch them just as many fish

I have 3 rods and my dad has 2. We use the rods each and normally share reels, we have 10+ reels although all I use is fixed spool now. The rods and reels come to a lot of money but I do use al my gear. Some of the reels don't get used but my dad has had them for years so that's why they are kept. The rods I have I use on different ground that's why I use 3.
    Century Eliminator T900
    Century Eliminator T800
    Century Tip Tornado Sport
    Shimano Technium MGS XS-B x 2
    Penn Spin Fisher 7500LC x 2

Comment

Originally posted by bilbobagins View Post
      Was sorting through my kit the other day ( 3 beach rods 7 multiplyer reels uptide rod boat rods 4 spinning rods 6 fixed spool reels ) and thought why do I have all this kit when recently all I've been using is my uptide rod and a fixed spool reel an been doing ok. then wondered how many guys have a thousands of pounds worth of top rods and reels and never be able to use them to their full potential and a rod and reel costing £100 would catch them just as many fish
      Fishing's great, better than spending all your money in the pub.

Comment

Mr start you are very humble your kits is a Christmas list for me lol
        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
        Okuma trio Rex
        Aerlex 7000xsa
        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

I went through this today, I've got 13 rods & about 9 reels, madness but I don't care.
          I've also got 3 bikes & don't care about that either!

Comment

Yep the amount of gear i had was scary, at one point had more rods than Zziplex scaled down alot of the last yeat since my shed was broke into mainly, but even now i take the same rod and reels everywhere 2/3 rods and 4 reels is all anyone needs really, light rod, medium rod and heavy rod.

Comment

Was thinking that myself the other day sorting my gear out,nearlly 20 reels,but like said above why not,worth more to me to keep em

Comment

I see a few of you guys have a similar problem but I think the biggest problem I've got is I keep looking through the for sale section to see if there's another rod or reel I "need" to make me a better caster or angler lol, I wish

Comment

Working...
                X