advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

I was at south shields ferry landing today and looked over to north shields,about 100 yards up river on north shields side there were loads of lads fishing,
    the mark was opposite south shields ferry landing but 100 yards further up river on north shields side.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MARK IS CALLED?

cheers Danny.

i think thats smiths docks mate, its getting something built there at the minute and is blocked off but think theres a hole in the fence.

Comment

smiths dock i think mate,was one of the best marks on the tyne,very deep water,not sure what its like now

Comment

cheers lads.
        another mark on my list to fish.

Comment

high shore or smiths dock, smiths dock i think you have to get in through gaps in the fences or climb them (well you did last time i was fishing near there )and high shore is next to next to the entrance of the marina and you dont need to climb any fences for that

Comment

i tryed to find sum were to getin there ( smiths docks ) cudnt find ne were to get in and did like the look of the area to leave my car so binned it off .. any one no were the hole is and were to park ya car ? been told its a good shot off into deep water always see lights on there wen fishing the walkway. cheers lads peter

Comment

if it was 100 yards up river from south shields ferry i must of been high shore.

Comment

i was on the ferry today and there were quite a few fishing the high shore and no one in smiths as it was still light.
                have you got a cloth

Comment

remember 2 year ago, that masive cod landed at the ice house ?! a think you will find that it was 10 yards over the wall at smiths . yes it can be a good shot on its day.

Comment

the security guard around smiths docks, is or was letting lads fish there at night.
                    saved any riff raff going down and causing trouble for him.

failing that, there is or was a gap in the fence at the top of the hill.

Comment

If you go to the marina there is a hole in the wall but they put a fence btween the gap but someone has bent it and you can go through there failing that climb round the wall take care though don't wanna end up in the drink !!

Comment

there used to be a hole in the fence you could fit through next to the toilets which is near north shields ferry

Comment

to get in step ladders help but it is really muddy all along it now. i was fishing next to the lad that had a 28 pounder last year so there is a good stamp of fish to be had

Comment

Originally posted by adam123 View Post
                            there used to be a hole in the fence you could fit through next to the toilets which is near north shields ferry
                            That hole got blocked up mate and the fence next to it is all razor wired up easier to get over from the other side and fish from what used to be the second dry dock

Comment

Working...
                            X