Would love to have seen this one.....

BBC News - Jet ski rider crashes into jetty on River Tyne

Anyone here involved??

Gary
    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

karma is a git : )
    Last edited by Parky; 02-03-2011, 11:23 PM.
    You can only catch what's in front of you

Species of 2012: Eel pout, Whiting, Codling, Flounder, Dab, Coalie Eel, Rockling Launce, Pollock, Mackerel, Weaver Fish , Granny Fish.
    Species of 2013 Codling, Dab, Whiting,

Comment

Guy musn't have been aware of RSA off the pier in my opinion which I know is hard to believe. I think there should be more regulation into jetski use like a license to use a one for instance. The outcome of that could have been a lot worse.

Comment

now wud you of laughed if the guy died i guess not a accident happened in the wear a while back where a young man lost hes life
        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
          now wud you of laughed if the guy died i guess not a accident happened in the wear a while back where a young man lost hes life
          My thoughts exactly mate

Comment

Sry lads but i was just giving my opinion on jet ski users in the Tyne some have no consideration for anglers lines in the water. Sorry if anyone was offended.
            You can only catch what's in front of you

Species of 2012: Eel pout, Whiting, Codling, Flounder, Dab, Coalie Eel, Rockling Launce, Pollock, Mackerel, Weaver Fish , Granny Fish.
            Species of 2013 Codling, Dab, Whiting,

Comment

They're a menace to everyone in the river, themselves included, ignoring speed restrictions etc. - I think a few were finally prosecuted recently & hopefully the river police will continue to monitor them closely. Nothing against people having fun & using them responsibly; surely the open shore would be a better choice.

Gary
              ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
              on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by Parky View Post
                Sry lads but i was just giving my opinion on jet ski users in the Tyne some have no consideration for anglers lines in the water. Sorry if anyone was offended.
                I'm not offended mate. I know their a nuisance to anglers and most of us I think call them including myself, but I would hate it if one of them got wrapped around my gear and had a nasty injury, then it would be on my conscience. That's why I think there should be tighter regulation.

Comment

Lads i obviously like fishing and i can see your points on jetski's.i owned a jetski not so long ago and believe me the last thing you want is a line getting tangled onto the ski or yourself as the line is gonna cut through your dry/wetsuit/skin like a knife through butter or if the line runs over your jetski and pulls it out the water then there is the weight, rig, hooks with the potential to cause injury!
                  i know there are some idiots out there but it is a small minority.
                  personal best 8lb cod from craster 17/10/09

Comment

Lads i obviously like fishing and i can see your points on jetski's.i owned a jetski not so long ago and believe me the last thing you want is a line getting tangled onto the ski or yourself as the line is gonna cut through your dry/wetsuit/skin like a knife through butter or if the line runs over your jetski and pulls it out the water then there is the weight, rig, hooks with the potential to cause injury!
                    i know there are some idiots out there but it is a small minority.
                    personal best 8lb cod from craster 17/10/09

Comment

I always thought there was a "speed limit" on the tyne.
                      Once again the minority spoiling it for the majority.

Comment

Revenged is best severd wet, the amount of tmies they've caused problems when fishing shields pier is too many, so at least for once they mite learn that actually driving into fishing lines may cause more trouble than they think, hehe.
                        South Shields & District SAC

Comment

it is the same in every sport, we have our numpties that leave a mess, through themselves off piers etc, the small minority spoil it for the rest of us.
                          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                            it is the same in every sport, we have our numpties that leave a mess, through themselves off piers etc, the small minority spoil it for the rest of us.
                            here here, exactly rite there mate, and al second that
                            South Shields & District SAC

Comment

I've had first hand experience encounters with jet skis at sea as well in harbours and rivers.
                              The problem as I see it is,because its a jet ski the nature of the sport is SPEED.
                              So when in the confine of harbours and rivers other water sport users enjoy same areas,be it shore angling,dinghy sailing,boat angling,canoeists,and others.
                              I have seen at time jet ski users have no regards for other people safety using the same waters because they need speed to enjoy there sport.
                              I have said in the past jet ski's should display a number so it can be identified in case of accidents or fatalities because at present the only way you can tell the difference between them is colours.
                              Also it should be compulsory for them to complete a RYA training on rules of the road and safety of others.
                              Everyone should be able to enjoy there water sports but it should be done safely.

Comment

Working...
                              X