Seaham North Pier Completion Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham North Pier Completion Date

Good news to S.S.A.C. member the fully Refurbished north pier is re-opened on the 14th November 2015 so please don't spoil this privilege we have and take all your rubbish home and don't throw it in the drink because it washes strait into the slope.
    Many Thanks
    G Hope Comp Sec.
    Weapons of choice
    ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
    Penn Mag 525 Slidey
    Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Good news Geordie and I second what you say about the litter.

Will we also get to keep access to the South Pier from now on oe is this being taken away again once the North is back in action?
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
      Good news Geordie and I second what you say about the litter.

Will we also get to keep access to the South Pier from now on oe is this being taken away again once the North is back in action?
      Don't know the answer to that mate will find out shortly Stew lets hope so pal
      Weapons of choice
      Penn Mag 525 Slidey
      Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

Thanks for the info m8.

Could i just say was fishing this morning on the south pier and its an absolute disgrace all the braid snags around the drum head now. It totally ruins the mark. It will be the same now till the next proper stir up. Just means i cant cast where i usually do. The snag seems to move depending on the tide. From experience i can tell which are the line snags all day long.

Was the same story at whitburn on tuesday. My heaviest fish was snagged up at my feet wrapped in braid.was lucky to climb down and land it which was a pain in the arse

The target is full of it too.

Mono for me all day long. Lands big fish better simple

Comment

Unlucky on the pollock by the way geordie. Heard about it. Nowt worse in a big open....... cant wait for the northy to open.

Comment

Originally posted by Deans View Post
            Thanks for the info m8.

Could i just say was fishing this morning on the south pier and its an absolute disgrace all the braid snags around the drum head now. It totally ruins the mark. It will be the same now till the next proper stir up. Just means i cant cast where i usually do. The snag seems to move depending on the tide. From experience i can tell which are the line snags all day long.

Was the same story at whitburn on tuesday. My heaviest fish was snagged up at my feet wrapped in braid.was lucky to climb down and land it which was a pain in the arse

The target is full of it too.

Mono for me all day long. Lands big fish better simple
            Did ye catch owt Dean mate
            Weapons of choice
            Penn Mag 525 Slidey
            Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

Had 2 on the blocks under 2 pund . Had a few casts on the drum nowt. Was two lads on the drum all night and they blanked m8.

Comment

I think anyone with an iota of common sense would agree about litter. If you can carry it there you can carry it back. Unless your'e a scruffy tramp that is.
                Discarded line ****es me off, dunno how many times I've chopped other peoples line up & binned it at home.

Comment

South pier out of bounds

As from tomorrow morning the south pier will be closed and chained up and the old fence at the **** pipe will be back in place
                  And on Saturday morning we have the North pier back open for good
                  So please don't complain about losing the south pier it's only one day you never know one day we may get it back for keeps so back to one pier again but the north pier is by far the better pier with good access and a lot more user freindly
                  Hope this message is of some use to our members and up and coming new members and while I am on the subject this will be my last post as competition secretary as I am stepping down as from Saturday's A.G.M.
                  Tight lines Geordie.
                  Weapons of choice
                  Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                  Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

Originally posted by GEORDIE H View Post
                    As from tomorrow morning the south pier will be closed and chained up and the old fence at the **** pipe will be back in place
                    And on Saturday morning we have the North pier back open for good
                    So please don't complain about losing the south pier it's only one day you never know one day we may get it back for keeps so back to one pier again but the north pier is by far the better pier with good access and a lot more user freindly
                    Hope this message is of some use to our members and up and coming new members and while I am on the subject this will be my last post as competition secretary as I am stepping down as from Saturday's A.G.M.
                    Tight lines Geordie.
                    Will be sorry to see you go Geordie....things have gone smoothly since you there

Comment

Originally posted by blackrat View Post
                      Will be sorry to see you go Geordie....things have gone smoothly since you there
                      Thanks for the kind words Ian mate lets hope they keep things up and running the way they are pal
                      Weapons of choice
                      Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                      Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

North pier now open codling and whiting's on there last night
                        Weapons of choice
                        Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                        Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

Originally posted by GEORDIE H View Post
                          Tight lines Geordie.
                          Whoever has taken on the position has some big boots to fill there Geordie. The competitions these last few years have all run very smoothly, thanks for all your hard work and I trust we will still see you in the club on match days
                          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                            Whoever has taken on the position has some big boots to fill there Geordie. The competitions these last few years have all run very smoothly, thanks for all your hard work and I trust we will still see you in the club on match days
                            Thanks for that Stew your right he will have a lot on his plate but I will still be helping the lad out if needed for the first couple of months to show him the ropes
                            And me and sue will be at every match available weather permitting looking forward to hitting the north pier now that its back in bounds
                            Weapons of choice
                            Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                            Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

Comment

north pier

Good news Geordie. I'll be down soon, easy comfortable fishing, just what I like now is the south pier still open to members?
                              Big kev, fishing leg end
                              weapons of choice
                              99p fishing net from pet shop at bottom of church street

Comment

Working...
                              X