Multiplier strip and clean advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplier strip and clean advice...

Wanting to strip and clean my Ambassadeur 7000, but worried that things may start pinging out and I wont be able to put it back together again. How tricky are they to strip?? I'm a quite competent

Mick

Hello m8,if your bit handy you should have no problems,there pretty straight forward reels,to service.I used to do mine many years ago(25years)FEEL OLD NOW,any way, i have still got my pair of converted 7000c and still going strong.They dont make them like that anymore.Good luck...

Comment

most of the guts are in the same side as the handle,you should not have any problems with the other side.

the side where the handle is, be careful of the anti reverse it tends to come out,if you look underneath the gears you will see it when you take it apart.

best take a photo of the inside if you want to take all the gears out.

good luck

Comment

if you look it up on youtube mate you will see people on there stripping them which should help you

Comment

Agree with danny boy, i tended to leave the gears unless i felt it was necessary to do it properly!
          Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks everyone, will take a look tomorrow. Does it matter what kind of synthetic grease you use? I have some Silkolene synthetic racing grease, will that do? Its good lube

cheers again for the replies

Comment

hi mate i use 3 in 1 oil its just like the rocket fuel oil others use just cheaper
              www.tides4fishing.com http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...g#?tab=fiveDay

Comment

Lithium grease is good for things that get wet, but I’m sure other varieties would be OK. A pair of tweezers are handy for moving the small bits around and some acetone or lighter fluid as solvent to clean the bearings and gears of old oil and grease will help too.
                Bearings will need a thin oil ranging from 3-in1 down to rocket fuel depending on how fast you want the reel to run.

Comment

Cheers for that

Comment

reel strip

dead easy to strip 7000 just lay out parts in order as you take them off and you'll have no trouble putting back together, only bit to watch for is c shape clip under nut on handle,as a had a habit of it springing off and flying round the room and losing it when taken it off

Comment

If you haven't already got one, theres a list of schematics on planetseafishing .com just incase you end up with a couple of spare springs and washers

Comment

Cheers waco and thanks for the schematics flux, most useful

Comment

Working...
                        X