Disgorgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgorgers

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on these, and if theres any that can be recommended.
    Having a bit of trouble sometimes, unhooking fish, due to my parky's disease.
    When God made time he made loads of it.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

I use a set of artery forceps. I have got a small t bar disgorger but not the slightest idea how to use it!

If there was such thing as a large barrel disgorger (such as coarse fishing) I reckon that would do the trick.

Comment

I've got a pair of these. Really good for when fish is deep hooked. I think I got mine cheaper that this one on eBay.

Savage Gear Pistol Deep Throat Hookout 22.5cm – Glasgow Angling Centre
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

As I use hooks from 12 to 6/0 I use a combination of needle holders (better grip than forceps) in 7" and 4", long nose pliers, gemini t-bar jobby, large coarse disgorger and a bit of bent gripwire (for flatties). Those cheapo tulip jobbies you see in kits of cheap tat in Aldi also work.

The hookouts Noofish posted are particularly good if you struggle with your hands as they are easy to hold and grip hooks really well. Baker made the originals and they are cheaper than the savagegear copies but no fancy pouch
        Trust your Uncle!

Lee

Comment

Go for the Gemini t-bar. It's easy to use once you e done it a couple of times. I was a bit clumsy at first but it's the best way to cause minimum damage to a fish
          <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

disgorgers

Aye the Noofish job the business when you have problems gripping... Forceps are effective but need good grip to unclasp.

Comment

Thanks very much for the help. See if a can get one off the NHS
              When God made time he made loads of it.
              Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Budgie. I have always used long shank Aberdeen hooks 'cause a bloke needs something to get hold of. In the past I have squashed the barbs of the hooks with pliers effectively making then 'barbless'. This is the only chance the fish have of escaping when The Doctor is about .. :O)

Comment

Originally posted by james89 View Post
                  I use a set of artery forceps. I have got a small t bar disgorger but not the slightest idea how to use it!

If there was such thing as a large barrel disgorger (such as coarse fishing) I reckon that would do the trick.
                  pop line in the hole and slide it down the snood onto the hook, give it a wiggle

Comment

Working...
                  X