opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opens

hi i just would like to know if there is a reason some of our angling clubs don't seem to to support other clubs opens it looks that they always want to put their matches on a Sunday which means there members can not fish the opens without sacrificing fishing there own club match this does not seem fair.I might be wrong but i think Amble had there club matches running in conjunction with the opens last year but they are not doing it this year
    Last edited by happy_daized; 02-11-2015, 10:09 PM.

this time of year theres an open on almost every weekend. clubs that regularly have there club matches on sundays will over lap with some of these. if a club picks its own matches around the opens they can then be fishing the rubbish tides or at awkward times. in some clubs this can be to accomodate just a small number of members that fish the opens.

in our club..Hartlepool Pirates ... our matches are picked at each monthly meeting. we use a majority vote so if more of those there on the day will be fishing a particular open then the matches will be picked around it. if those wanting to fish an open are out voted then thats fine. our matches are picked to suit the majority of members.

if i want to fish an open and it overlaps with a club match then thats my own problem, not the clubs.

Comment

dadcatcher i have to disagree with you i have been picking club comps for over 10 years now and not once have we ever had 1 clash with a open and we don't pick rubbish tides in our matches. We try to let our members who want to fish a open do so without it affecting their club matches

Comment

to be honest most of our matches are picked for friday nights so it doesnt really effect us. but i am speaking from 40 years of being in clubs and described past situations that have arrisen. i have been in meetings where we tried to work our club matches around certain opens and dues to various reasons we would of ended up fishing poor tides for our area as the better tides were taken up with opens.

but... this is just my personal findings.

Comment

Working...
        X