St peters warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

st peters

i have been told by a good lad that the mess was not the tynemouth lads it was like that when they arrived on the wednesday night ,
    club members are very good at looking after fishing spots
    its the smack rats that let us down ,
    thanks for the tips steve h on friday down at the river

Comment

I fished in that match yesterday and I walked the full match length asking everyone to clear up. I checked the litter situation as I left and there wasn't any litter left on the 16 pegs we used for the match. I even saw one of our lads scraping squashed worm off the pavement. There were other anglers down there yesterday so perhaps they left the litter but it certainly wasn't us.
      Just thought I'd clarify.

Comment

tynemouth club

The mention of Tynemouth club pair and rubbish at St Peter's did raise the point it probs wasnt theirs but I did get the impression they just left it. If I have jumped to the wrong conclusion then I'd like to appologise. Good to see the efforts made to clear up after the match though. Carry a plasic bag to put yr rubbish in , tidy as you go , and take it back or bin it on site... easy as.... what is difficult in that...If I lived down at S P with rubbish constantly left by fishermen , id be pestering the council every day 3 times a day to have fishing stopped in the area.. There is absolutely no reason for it to be left....A few a*** holes spoiling it for the good guys

Comment

all members of Tynemouth club are well versed in removing there rubbish after a match on Tynemouth pier as the port of tyne rules are very strict and would like to think they practice at other venues,there were a few members fishing st peters on wed night after speaking to a few of them can assure you it was none of them. davy.
          PB
          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

st peters

on the few times that I've fished there I have had no option other than to take my rubbish with me as the two bins have been over flowing with takeaway wrappers .I think the trouble is that the residents don't want any fishing there full stop, at the other end they put up a no fishing sign which people have been told by the police to ignore as it is not legal

Comment

I fished there on Wednesday afternoon till 5pm. There were only a few bits of cling film lying there, which I picked up and put in the bin, so not sure how all the rubbish got there was clean when I left.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
                on the few times that I've fished there I have had no option other than to take my rubbish with me as the two bins have been over flowing with takeaway wrappers .I think the trouble is that the residents don't want any fishing there full stop, at the other end they put up a no fishing sign which people have been told by the police to ignore as it is not legal
                that should have been taken down long ago, tell the port authority it is still there
                Alan

Comment

not sure if it is still there as I haven't been down there for a while
                  but cannot understand the residents mentality surely they realise that with a marina you get fishermen

Comment

residents

if all fishermen conducted them selves properly (as most do) then Im sure there would be no obJections to fishing. But if rubbish left all over then in lies the problem. There are alwasy knackers who could give a sh** though. Knackers never learn and dont want to. Thickos at school and thickos in life beyond

Comment

have to agree with you there

Comment

Appart from the mess left by some, there must be anglers who fish there over night, and even general conversation carries a long way in the dead of night which will wake the residents up close to the river.
                        on another note, anglers fished there long before the houses were built, so if it's a problem for them they should have given the location a bit more thought!!
                        you don't buy a house near a school, then moan about the kids making a noise.
                        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                          Appart from the mess left by some, there must be anglers who fish there over night, and even general conversation carries a long way in the dead of night which will wake the residents up close to the river.
                          on another note, anglers fished there long before the houses were built, so if it's a problem for them they should have given the location a bit more thought!!
                          you don't buy a house near a school, then moan about the kids making a noise.

If fishing near residetial properties especially at night then fish as if you kids are right there asleep with the bedroom windows open...no body enjoys disterbance.. no body... be a treal shame to be at war with the locals when so easy to consider their peace and quiet. Then there is always the possibility that anglers cars could become vulnerable if problems with noise and litter persist.. Problems are avoidable with just a little though

Comment

St Peters Basin

Originally posted by neefish View Post
                            If fishing near residetial properties especially at night then fish as if you kids are right there asleep with the bedroom windows open...no body enjoys disterbance.. no body... be a treal shame to be at war with the locals when so easy to consider their peace and quiet. Then there is always the possibility that anglers cars could become vulnerable if problems with noise and litter persist.. Problems are avoidable with just a little though
                            Fished on there in mid 1980's as l lived next to the bottom club,long before a house was even first built around 1989.Soon as the new residents moved in they wanted fishing stopped,25+ years later still the same situation.They cant do nothing now as then,most anglers are pretty reasonable,dont make a noise and dont leave any mess behind.The few residents who do complain would do so anyways even if nobody fished there,they dont want anybody there,walkers,kids,dog walkers etc etc.
                            No win situation from either side,some will complain reguardless,and some idiots with their radios beer cans and rest of their crap will just always just leave it lying.As for Tynemouth club members being blamed,as a club member got only one word for this suggestion they were to blame. RUBBISH.

Comment

I can see why some of the house owners are annoyed with the litter that is left by some of the dirty anglers - that's understandable. I always take a rubbish bag with me when going fishing and collect my rubbish and what ever is around.

However, what I can't understand is why the residents who seem so proud of their area don't want to look after it either. The amount of weeds/overgrown hedges/flaking paint on the houses on the front is amazing. The harbour masters car park is a mess too. Even if it was the council's responsibility to weed outside the houses and due to cuts this is no longer being done wouldn't you think they'd get organised and do it themselves...?

Comment

warning

well put .... there too many folks in the 'LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT club , who then complain when no body else has ''done it.''. If they were as active in helping as they are mouthing off, saying the mystery THEY ? should do something, the world would be a cleaner place. As it is the majority are happy to look the other way ..Nowt t dee wi me. The no hopers

Comment

Working...
                                X