Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going fishing through the week need some advice please

Evening all,

I've been on here quite a while, having a neb now and again.

Basically I'm looking to go and do a bit shore fishing with my grandad next week, we both have some fishing experience both on shore and at sea.

I'm looking for decent locations to at least catch some sort of fish! Easier access would be better he's kicking on 75!

We've been to blyth pier, fish Quay, South pier and sluice beach in the past and have never caught anything at all which has been a bit disappointing more so for him!

So is there anywhere that's fishing well lately? We've both rod and reel and bits of gear between us, couldn't tell you exactly what as it's been about 2 year since I've opened my tackle box!

Any pointers on what locations, bait and lures/gear is doing well at the moment?

Really hoping to catch something apart from cold this fishing trip would make the old lads day!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Ben

Originally posted by Cockers View Post
    Evening all,

I've been on here quite a while, having a neb now and again.

Basically I'm looking to go and do a bit shore fishing with my grandad next week, we both have some fishing experience both on shore and at sea.

I'm looking for decent locations to at least catch some sort of fish! Easier access would be better he's kicking on 75!

We've been to blyth pier, fish Quay, South pier and sluice beach in the past and have never caught anything at all which has been a bit disappointing more so for him!

So is there anywhere that's fishing well lately? We've both rod and reel and bits of gear between us, couldn't tell you exactly what as it's been about 2 year since I've opened my tackle box!

Any pointers on what locations, bait and lures/gear is doing well at the moment?

Really hoping to catch something apart from cold this fishing trip would make the old lads day!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Ben
    I'd look at fishing the river. Bluey/mackerel and lug should see you catch a few whiting with a chance of a codling.

Size 2 hooks on two hook flappers will see you ok.

Comment

As James89 said for ease of access the rivers are your best bet. From the North side of the Tyne you could try St Peters Basin and the area just behind Bell Valves at the bottom of Glasshouse Street off Walker Road (old St Peters Club junction) best fished a couple of hours either side of high or low water while you can still hold bottom with a spider.

Comment

Have no idea what a 2 hook flapper is but cheers for the advice !

Comment

basically ben it's a rig with two hooks on n no bait clip,hence the name flapper,upon casting out the hooks "flap"in the air.Norm used for bits n bobs,flatties n the like..

Comment

Check the weather, It's gonna be draughty on Monday & Tuesday. I hate fishing when it's windy.

Comment

you and your grandad could try down hebburn marina mate, just along from where the boats are is a canny spot and you can fish out of the car. good luck

Comment

2 hook flappers

Originally posted by Cockers View Post
                Have no idea what a 2 hook flapper is but cheers for the advice !
                Hi Cocker here is a couple of pics of the 2 hook flappers I use mate hope this helps pal

I use 1/o or size1 hooks
                Weapons of choice
                ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
                Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                  you and your grandad could try down hebburn marina mate, just along from where the boats are is a canny spot and you can fish out of the car. good luck

Aye try this place.

I went yesterday for the 1st time ever and if yesterday was anything to go by you can near enough guarantee a few fish.Was all Whiteys for me but i did see a few Codling caught.Only problem was there was a lot of crap in the river but the fish are there.

Good luck on the session

Comment

I put the link is for some reason contaminated with Sky Sports. If any problems Google Book of sal****er rigs.

The best sports coverage from around the world, covering: Football, Cricket, Golf, Rugby, WWE, Boxing, Tennis and much more.
                    Last edited by DaveyP; 08-11-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Alright guys

My reply to the above poSt's hasn't posted, just like to say thanks for the advice!

Had to postpone the fishing trip due to the weather and my gear disappearing!

Will keeps yous posted when we eventually get out.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X