Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Shields & District SAC - 67th Open Shore Competition Results, 8th November 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Shields & District SAC - 67th Open Shore Competition Results, 8th November 2015

Hi all.

258 anglers including 8 juniors fished this years 67th South Shields & District SAC Open Shore Competition from 9am till 2pm, with 78 anglers returning to the weigh in at The New Crown with their catch.

This years Open winner, with the heaviest single round fish, winning £500 and the Alderman Barbour Trophy, with a Codling of 4lb 8ozs, went to Alan Heeley.

This years heaviest bag winner, winning £300, with a bag weight of 14lb 11ozs, went to Gareth Griffiths.

The optional sweeps for heaviest single fish, with payout for the top 3, are:

1st - Alan Heeley, 4lb 8ozs, Codling

2nd - Mark Daglish, 4lb 5ozs 3drms, Codling

3rd - Richard Oliver, 4lb 3ozs 3drms, Codling

The optional sweeps for the heaviest bag, with payout for the top 3 weights, are:

1st - Gareth Griffiths, 14lb 11ozs

2nd - Gareth Gardiner, 14lb 3ozs 3drms

3rd - Marc Wilkinson, 13lb 1oz 1drm

This years Lady Champion, winning £50, with a bag weight of 5lb 1oz 8drms, went to Pauline Ferry.

This years Junior winner, winning a rod and reel setup, with a bag weight of 4lb 8ozs 8drms, went to Daniel Robertson.

This years winner for the heaviest flatfish, winning £50, with a Flounder of 1lb 2ozs 1drm went to Mark Shotton.

This years Sealed Weight prize, winning £25, with a weight of 3lb 6ozs 5drms went to junior angler D. Hayward.

The complete results, including all winners and those who weighed in and made it onto the prize table, are as follows:

Gareth Griffiths - 14lb 11ozs 0drms (Heaviest Bag)
    Gareth Gardiner - 14lb 3ozs 3drms
    Marc Wilkinson - 13lb 1oz 1drm
    Richard Oliver - 9lb 0ozs 9drms
    Mark Shotton - 8lb 4ozs 9drms
    C. Coxow - 7lb 5ozs 4drms
    P. Appleby - 7lb 5ozs 2drms
    Jim Dobie - 7lb 5ozs 1drm
    Andy Hooper - 7lb 4ozs 9drms
    Barrie Robson - 6lb 6ozs 8drms
    David Carrick - 6lb 6ozs 2drms
    Ken McCoy - 6lb 3ozs 9drms
    Stephen Graham - 6lb 3ozs 5drms
    S. Potts - 6lb 1ozs 1drm
    D. Browne - 6lb 0ozs 0drms
    C. Croxford - 5lb 9ozs 7drms
    N. Turner - 5lb 9ozs 6drms
    C. Potts - 5lb 8ozs 7drms
    T. Anderson - 5lb 7ozs 5drms
    G. Owen - 5lb 7ozs 3drms
    Phil Coates - 5lb 6ozs 2drms
    Andy Chaganis - 5lb 5ozs 8drms
    Christopher Stonehouse - 5lb 4ozs 1drm
    Pauline Ferry - 5lb 1oz 8drms (Lady Champion)
    Daniel Robertson - 4lb 8ozs 8drms (Junior Champion)
    Alan Heeley - 4lb 8ozs 0drms (Heaviest Round Fish)

B. Ferry - 4lb 6ozs 1drm
    Mark Daglish - 4lb 5ozs 3drms
    Stu Orr - 4lb 4ozs 8drms
    Robert Lees - 4lb 3ozs 3drms
    Reg Pude - 4lb 2ozs 1drm
    M. Burton - 3lb 9ozs 8drms
    R. Burton - 3lb 9ozs 0drms
    Jed Stevens - 3lb 8ozs 5drms
    Dean Turnbull - 3lb 7ozs 5drms
    D. Hayward - 3lb 6ozs 5drm (Sealed Weight winner)
    B. Lee - 3lb 5ozs 9drms
    William Buckham - 3lb 4ozs 5drms
    Chris Scafie - 3lb 4ozs 3drms
    K. Moore - 3lb 4ozs 0drms
    M. Newton - 3lb 1ozs 1drm
    P. Phillipson - 3lb 1oz 0drms
    David Finnerty - 2lb 9ozs 7drms
    P. Skinner - 2lb 8ozs 9drms
    S. Tucker - 2lb 8ozs 3drms
    R. Carr - 2lb 6ozs 9drms
    Kris Brash - 2lb 5ozs 4drms
    Ian Elliott - 2lb 5ozs 2drms
    Kevin Hall - 2lb 4ozs 5drms
    Chris Houston - 2lb 3ozs 6drms
    B. Bradley - 2lb 3ozs 4drms
    N. Smith - 2lb 2ozs 6drms
    A. Downs - 2lb 1oz 3drms
    T. Davis - 2lb 1oz 3drms
    Peter Seymour - 2lb 1oz 2drms
    Gary Blanchard - 2lb 0ozs 6drms
    C. Smith - 1lb 9ozs 9drms
    D. Maxwell - 1lb 9ozs 6drms
    A. O'Neil - 1lb 8ozs 7drms
    R. Carr - 1lb 7ozs 4drms
    Darren McGlen - 1lb 7ozs 3drms
    P. Graves - 1lb 7ozs 1drm
    Lee Jackson - 1lb 6ozs 5drms
    Tony Grant - 1lb 6ozs 0drms
    T. Lee - 1lb 5ozs 6drms
    S. Wilson - 1lb 4ozs 7drms
    M. Biggins - 1lb 2ozs 6drms
    Trevor Ferry - 1lb 2ozs 0drms
    R. Adams - 1lb 1oz 0drms
    P. Lee - 1lb 0ozs 5drms

A big well done to all who fished and to all who weighed in, including those lower weights not mentioned who did not make the prize table, well done to everyone.

Heaviest Fish winner Alan Heeley

Heaviest Bag winner Gareth Griffiths

Lady Champion Pauline Ferry

Junior Champion Daniel Robertson

(Above Pictures Credit to Alan Charlton)
    South Shields & District SAC

congratulations Alan Heeley and others

Comment

Eyes out

Good turn out again went for a walk today along the Whitburn coast line path got talking to fisherman next to frenchy bay he fished the comp was telling me that some one had weighed in fish that had been caught the night before and there was hell on at the weigh in and had eyes removed which to me is strange but I as not there so I don't no is this. Truth or lies and if so is it cheating ??? The lad who I was talking to fished for the club he said ? More comments were made I said sorry if this is true and walked along with my journey is people causing trouble or, stirring I don't no I was not there any way nice walk out happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Ivabigone View Post
        Good turn out again went for a walk today along the Whitburn coast line path got talking to fisherman next to frenchy bay he fished the comp was telling me that some one had weighed in fish that had been caught the night before and there was hell on at the weigh in and had eyes removed which to me is strange but I as not there so I don't no is this. Truth or lies and if so is it cheating ??? The lad who I was talking to fished for the club he said ? More comments were made I said sorry if this is true and walked along with my journey is people causing trouble or, stirring I don't no I was not there any way nice walk out happy days
        I also heard about this as the lad in question came flying from his mark to show a friend his fish, which I also found strange, as if you're fishing well and you're catching from you're mark, you wouldn't leave it to go show your fish off. I can't really speak on the matter as a club member myself as I know little of it is true or false, either way it doesn't look good, and I found it very strange myself.
        South Shields & District SAC

Comment

this is the first ive heard of this but I also found it strange when a lad who had caught a fish elseware early on came and fished a mark that wasn't producing.

Comment

Working...
          X