Info on the walkway shields please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on the walkway shields please

Hi lads was thinkin of a change this weekend instead of fishing Hartlepool am just wondering if the walkway is fishable in a 5m tide or is it too strong with it been the river or is there any where near the worth a shot your knowledge would be apreshateded thanks lads

Walkway will be difficult on a 5m tide, you will get snagged a lot.

Comment

If its middle of the tide in full flood you may struggle a little but either side of low and high its fishable. Over 50yds its pretty clean ground and you won't lose much at all. Think I've only lost 2-3 rigs there in my last dozen or so sessions. If you don't cast much beyond that then expect to lose of a bit more gear.
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by billybobbage View Post
        Hi lads was thinkin of a change this weekend instead of fishing Hartlepool am just wondering if the walkway is fishable in a 5m tide or is it too strong with it been the river or is there any where near the worth a shot your knowledge would be apreshateded thanks lads
        best on flood tide not too big though. I like fishing bottom end last 2hours 0f ebb and first 2 of flood, the rest of walkway seems best on rest of flood, like been said not too bad bottom

Comment

Cheers lads i just want a new mark and dnt no many marks up there apart for roker am even will to fish the beaches but a it maybe little windy on sat look for bit of cover lol

Comment

Originally posted by billybobbage View Post
            Cheers lads i just want a new mark and dnt no many marks up there apart for roker am even will to fish the beaches but a it maybe little windy on sat look for bit of cover lol
            The houses at the walkway will give you a bit of shelter from a southern wind mate but westerlies blow down the river like nobody's business lol.
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
            X