Looking for a second rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a second rod

As above really, I have a nice 13' rod with pen multi, Now want a second rod thinking of a 15' er with fixed spool this time which I can use with braid. I obviously need both rod and fixed spool reel have about max £250 for both suggestions for both please with your experiences. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Probably will get shot down here but I was reading that a good choice for a 2nd rod is another of your current rod.

When you're out fishing and its windy or there is a tide pulling its often hard to determine a bite, but if you have 2 identical rods side by side in a rest it is far easier to see bites as both tips should be moving in a similar way.

Failing that check out the 'for sale' section on here, other popular fishing forums and 'Fishermans Locker' Facebook group!

By the way I was also reading that a 15' rod round our way is not so effective as there is a lot of heavy and kelpy ground. And piers and other confined marks are a bit of a 'no go' too because of the length.

A 13', strong rod was what was recommended.
    Last edited by m00nraker; 11-11-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I now use fixed spools braid and long rods , I've also got a 18 foot k2 and love it on the beach and some river marks , try a Shakespeare K2 15 foot , great alround rod and can be used on the pier and semi rough . Depending on how much you pay for the rod you might be able to afford a shimano ultegra , I have two and there great casting reels or a spinfisher 7500lc for more grunt , if ya fancy a try before ya buy and are around Jarrow one weekend you can have a go at a set up .
      I am a fisherman !
      It is not merely something that I do
      It is who I am !
      Fishing is not simply my escape.
      It is where I am supposed to be.
      It is not a place that I go
      But a lifelong journey that I am taking
      It is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show others.
      When you understand all of this you will then know me .
      And we will fish together

Comment

I'm loving an.original red metal twin tip 15 ft 9.
        Great with an older spinfisher and braid even using it in the rough!!
        Got both for 140 on ebay

Comment

got a 14 ft vectra in for sale section if want to look mint condition, can be used with multi or fixed spool

Comment

Working...
          X