Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Thompson Axe

Hi Gents,

Really interested in picking up the Ron Thompson Axe, I've heard that they are good for the money you pay, any thoughts?

Also do you know where I can pick one up from or if anyone is selling one?

Cheers

Chunty

posts.

Originally posted by Chunty View Post
    Hi Gents,

Really interested in picking up the Ron Thompson Axe, I've heard that they are good for the money you pay, any thoughts?

Cheers

Chunty
    atm you only have 8 posts.you need 40 posts before you can buy or sell on NESA.ps,goodluck on your post.had the said rod myself afew years back,imo a 7oz leads needed with these rods {bloody stiff},but well worth the money.

Comment

for the price the rods are excellent but they are more of a rough ground rod
      dont know the type off fishing you intend to do ?
      leeda icon rods are also excellent rods for the price
      Last edited by dale19; 15-11-2015, 10:21 AM.
      consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by Chunty View Post
        Hi Gents,

Cheers

Chunty
        Get ya self on the roids and gym you'll need them for this bad boy

Comment

Axes are like scaffy poles! Really good when it's windy as they don't bounce around much. I use mine more than my Surfblaster or CME. Love it.

Comment

Had and Axe for 10 years and I love it. No better rod in a N/E wind and massive sea. Bite detection is still very good. If it ain't big enough to bend the rod it ain't worth catching to me. It will never win any casting competitions but thats like guys with flash cars, they are making up for something... ;-) Not all the fish are 200 yards away.. Its not what you got, its how you use it... Ha...!!! Can't believe I said that ;-)

Comment

years ago my m8 badger had an old nacker rod and reel to match casting out on roker pier the line got stuck some how in his coat sleeve button as as result he had a hell of a birds nest the sinker hit the pier wall and dropped in the water .
              some time taken to undo the line from the reel started to reel in and a nice 5lb cod on the end
              consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by MickMcC View Post
                Had and Axe for 10 years and I love it. No better rod in a N/E wind and massive sea. Bite detection is still very good. If it ain't big enough to bend the rod it ain't worth catching to me. It will never win any casting competitions but thats like guys with flash cars, they are making up for something... ;-) Not all the fish are 200 yards away.. Its not what you got, its how you use it... Ha...!!! Can't believe I said that ;-)
                .firstly wellcome to nesa.good reply.ps,our lass tells me {its not the size of bait}its how you wiggle the worm.LOL.made me laugh,but thats me.

Comment

did you get sorted?.

Comment

Working...
                  X