Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone out there tryed these waders

Scierra Dry-Line Chest Waders
    In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
    Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
    Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

I use waders in my day job, have tried all the main makes and they rarely last more than a year before leaking. The thin nylon/gortex jobbies are fine in the summer, but regardless what the manufacturers say, you will rip the buggers. Neoprene are great in the winter but will dehydrate you quickly in the summer. They tend to be more rip resistant but ultimately develop leaks at the seams, which are nigh on impossible to repair in the long term.
    Best set I had were custom made neoprene (bloody expensive, Approx £400, but when you work in rivers polluted by raw sewage...) and those only lasted a couple of years.
    I have to admit that my job is bloody hard on waders, but even so they should last longer that they do.
    You get what you pay for at the end of the day, try chatting to Diver Dave (repairs waders :
    www.wader-repair.co.uk) He's a really nice knowledgable helpful bloke.

Comment

Lightweight waders don,t last long even using them in the fresh.
      On the shore,they will last even less.
      If you want hard wearing waders,these take some beating.
      Not cheap,but worth it.

Wader - bassboots.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeff, I am thinking about Snowbee breathable now I have neoprene already.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
          Scierra Dry-Line Chest Waders
          I got some, very comfy, put some sheepskin liners in the boots and a pair of orange plasticy type waterproofs over the top, this stops most of the damage from kneeling on the beach and sitting down on sharp stones etc. Still dry inside but the water proofs are going to need changing , but they are cheap enough and thy have done their job.

forgot to say they are the ones with the boots are part of the wader, not the sock one that you wear with boots.
          Last edited by Scrubbs; 19-11-2015, 04:55 PM.
          N.A.C.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhacker View Post
            Lightweight waders don,t last long even using them in the fresh.
            On the shore,they will last even less.
            If you want hard wearing waders,these take some beating.
            Not cheap,but worth it.

Wader - bassboots.co.uk
            Thanks for your response I will have to save a bit more £££

Comment

Originally posted by Scrubbs View Post
              I got some, very comfy, put some sheepskin liners in the boots and a pair of orange plasticy type waterproofs over the top, this stops most of the damage from kneeling on the beach and sitting down on sharp stones etc. Still dry inside but the water proofs are going to need changing , but they are cheap enough and thy have done their job.

forgot to say they are the ones with the boots are part of the wader, not the sock one that you wear with boots.
              Cheers I have some plastic type leging, Good idea.

Comment

I was looking at those Scierra waders to use solely for sea fishing so I'm interested to hear any comments about them.

Generally speaking I prefer breathable stocking foot waders as they are far more comfortable and less restrictive if walking any distance, up steep banks etc especially during the warmer months, plus the neoprene socks attached keep your feet warmer than boot foot waders do. I'm waiting for my breathable waders to be returned from Diver Dave but as said before, it's worth contacting him as he also sells new and used/repaired waders.

You don't always get what you pay for with waders as I know a lad who forked out several hundred quid for a pair of Simms gortex waders (which are usually very good) but his started leaking in within a year of purchase, whereas my Greys G series waders lasted several years of regular use before they started leaking in. A mate of mine bought a pair of Vass boot foot PVC waders and the boot split after they'd only been worn a couple of times yet the miserable git at Sports & Leisure in Blyth refused to take them back and then even charged him for a tube of Aquasure to repair them. You can't beat good customer service eh! 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Blankety Blank View Post
                  I was looking at those Scierra waders to use solely for sea fishing so I'm interested to hear any comments about them.

Generally speaking I prefer breathable stocking foot waders as they are far more comfortable and less restrictive if walking any distance, up steep banks etc especially during the warmer months, plus the neoprene socks attached keep your feet warmer than boot foot waders do. I'm waiting for my breathable waders to be returned from Diver Dave but as said before, it's worth contacting him as he also sells new and used/repaired waders.

You don't always get what you pay for with waders as I know a lad who forked out several hundred quid for a pair of Simms gortex waders (which are usually very good) but his started leaking in within a year of purchase, whereas my Greys G series waders lasted several years of regular use before they started leaking in. A mate of mine bought a pair of Vass boot foot PVC waders and the boot split after they'd only been worn a couple of times yet the miserable git at Sports & Leisure in Blyth refused to take them back and then even charged him for a tube of Aquasure to repair them. You can't beat good customer service eh! 😀
                  Diver Dave gets a lot of good reviews about his repairs.
                  He pressure tests the waders to find any leaks.
                  He has pressure tested some brand new top brand expensive waders from the likes of Simms and found leaks.

Comment

I'm not sure what those particular Scierras are like but I bought a pair of their breathables 8 years ago - got a good price as they were end of the line - wear them from spring to autumn, kneeling on rocks up the coast in the summer and the like and they've been spot on. No leaks or anything yet and a nice comfy fit - I often roll them down in the summer & tie them round my waist like trousers when it's particularly hot. Just switched back to neoprenes as it's been such a mild autumn, as I do like them in the depths of winter.

Gary
                    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

im looking at some waders don't want to spend a fortune fancy neoprene ones for warmth what are peoples thoughts on a good pair

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicCat View Post
                        im looking at some waders don't want to spend a fortune fancy neoprene ones for warmth what are peoples thoughts on a good pair

If you plan on wearing your chest waders in the warmer months as well as in winter then I'd advise you to buy breathable waders instead as they're a better all round choice as you'll sweat buckets if wearing neoprene.

I always wear breathables now so if it's really cold then I wear long johns under my trousers or a fleece bib and brace, especially if any wading is required.

In my opinion, breathables are less restrictive than neoprene and much more comfortable and lighter to walk in.

Have a look on eBay as there are plenty of options available e.g. Bison breathable bootfoot waders or stocking foot + wading boots for £100 or Scierra CC3 breathables cost about £90.

Comment

Working...
                        X