Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Rod/ reel advice wanted

Hi gents,

Want to thank everyone for there advice on the Ron Thompson Axe. I went to fishing Republic today to buy one, however I ended up buying the Leeda Icon instead. Had a good chat with the lads in the shop and they told me how good these were and there a lovely looking rod I must say.

Can't wait to give it a try, the lads in the shop also showed me the Penn Fathom 15 which I was advised are a cracking little reel. Has anyone been using one of these and if so what do you think of it?

Cheers

Chunty

good choice m8 I have the icon match and I had a icon power with the penn fathom 15 reel love them.
    got fish fingers (stan) to put my a set of better ring on the icon after it went over in the wind on the walk way and nacked three rings.
    cracking job by stan
    also have a zipplex SST but I do like the icon match as I tend just to use a 5 oz sinker most of the time.
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Love my Fathom 15.Pity it didn't hold a bit more line but other than that it's my favourite reel.

Comment

I would a century tt sport with fixed spool and braid, nice and light and casts well but still pokey
        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
        Okuma trio Rex
        Aerlex 7000xsa
        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

I have a fthm 12 with a c/m conversion,great little reels,very well made,had mine a while now,no issues at all

Comment

Working...
          X