Problems on the cliffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems on the cliffs

Fishing Marsden lately I have caught odd fish, but having loads of problems with the tip rattling away and when I come back the bait (or whats left of it) is slid right up to the top of the snood. tried different combinations of pennels and bait stops but it keeps happening on and off. The rattles don't look "crabby" and I would usually put it down to Rockling but not sure now. Has anyone else had this experience?

Had it quite a lot around marsden on the cliffs, rockling and coalies which cause the problem. Never had it when the bait has went right up though, I would try using more elastic and putting it on tighter if possible
    Century Eliminator T900
    Century Eliminator T800
    Century Tip Tornado Sport
    Shimano Technium MGS XS-B x 2
    Penn Spin Fisher 7500LC x 2

Comment

I have had this on the cliffs and off piers especially when using cart. We solved it by paper clip or wire and wrap it on the hook. prep your bait on a needle wth a small amount of cotton, then lay your hook against it and lash it on with cotton. Stick the pennel hook through the top and pull tight and its good to go.

Comment

we have been plagued by hagfish on Tynemouth pier lately,they reduce a 3,or 4ft trace to about 3inchs impossible to unravel,might be the culprits. davy.
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Thanks lads, good info. I was using cart

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
            we have been plagued by hagfish on Tynemouth pier lately,they reduce a 3,or 4ft trace to about 3inchs impossible to unravel,might be the culprits. davy.

I have had loads off the end does your head in . Leaves your trace coverd in a clear slime . Horrid . Not so much off the back wall .

Comment

wire your hooks when using soft baits like cart mussel crab etc keeps everything secure and no slipping or masked hook points

Comment

Many thanks, good advice

Comment

Working...
                X