WTF am I doing wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GEORDIE H View Post
    Had a walk along to the drum head last night while getting some water for me worms .Sat about 20 minutes and there was one lad caught 5 codling in 5 casts ,also on me way off about peg 20 there was a 3 1/2lb codling and down the bottom end about peg 80 my mate had a 5 1/2lb cod all fish caught was on worm baits and at high tide
    Well I will be there Friday Geordie with my borrowed T1000 (which I hope to christen for The Farmer ) my Pennel Rigs and my crab baits, but no doubt I will blank as I don't have any Flappers !!!! 🤗

Comment

We were at 47 last night Geordie, did you go past pushing your bike?

Comment

Originally posted by smallfry View Post
        We were at 47 last night Geordie, did you go past pushing your bike?
        Yes mate fresh water supply for me bairns
        Weapons of choice
        ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
        Penn Mag 525 Slidey
        Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Originally posted by GEORDIE H View Post
          Had a walk along to the drum head last night while getting some water for me worms .Sat about 20 minutes and there was one lad caught 5 codling in 5 casts ,also on me way off about peg 20 there was a 3 1/2lb codling and down the bottom end about peg 80 my mate had a 5 1/2lb cod all fish caught was on worm baits and at high tide
          Better than Monday night then Geordie. And whose idea was that new lock cover on the gate? Getting on and especially off with cold hands was like the bloody Krypton Factor the other night
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            I didn't fish it Geordie but I went to the weigh in. Talking about getting owld. I haven't fished much in 20 odd years. I used to be down all the time before I started working away about 1988. I knew George Tully (RIP) et al about 20 years before that. George worked at Pyrex when I served my time.

I'm back home now and I'm gonna start yukking again. I've just bought a Ugly Stick 30lb class 8'-0 boat rod and a Slosh. Not for boat fishing (I hate that) but just for shore fishing. It'll dee me marra, I canna cast much more than 80 yards with bait on anyway and 30 yards is mare than enough wirra git ball o'mussel. Cheers Geordie. I might see ya knockin' around. :O)

The Doctor.
            Doc I served my time at Pyrex in Jimmy Gleadhills engineering shop 1977 to 1981. A was part of the angling club with the likes of Alan Girdwood, John Smith, and who could forget Lofty the storeman. PS sorry to hop on your post Small fry. (Should this now go to all our yesterdays.)
            When God made time he made loads of it.
            Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Originally posted by blackrat View Post
              well i will be there friday geordie with my borrowed t1000 (which i hope to christen for the farmer ) my pennel rigs and my crab baits, but no doubt i will blank as i don't have any flappers !!!! ��
              pofp ?
              When God made time he made loads of it.
              Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                Better than Monday night then Geordie. And whose idea was that new lock cover on the gate? Getting on and especially off with cold hands was like the bloody Krypton Factor the other night
                Hello Stew mate the gate was left open after the last badger and the cover was damaged on the inner side it want's opening up a tad.
                the covers were put on after the pier was closed to prevent the barrels from clogging up with sand ect good idea but hard work marra
                Weapons of choice
                ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
                Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                  pofp ?
                  pofp? paternosters outfish freakin' pulleys? ;O)

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    pofp? paternosters outfish freakin' pulleys? ;O)
                    Don't you like pulleys Doc? What don't you like about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                      pofp ?
                      LOL! I hope not!!
                      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Alreet smallfry. I don't like them and I don't use them for the reasons given in my post upthread ^^^^ at 07:29 PM on the 28-11-2015 .

I know some people like 'em so just for those that do ....

pofp? pulleys outfish freakin' paternosters? ;O(

I prefer a 18" hook snood and a 24" drop to the weight so that the hook hangs about 6" above the weight. One trick I use for flappers is to replace the usual crimps with tightish float stop knots. This makes the rigs adjustable and if you get a sprag on the snood slides down the line and stops at the weight link.

Comment

Only used them once and lost three smooth hounds on the trot. Put a fixed pat rig on, no more lost smooth hounds that day. I ended up catching 12 smooth hounds. My brother using a pully rig caught 3 fish and could not connect with quite a few more.
                          Last edited by brownmike; 04-12-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Alreet smallfry. I don't like them and I don't use them for the reasons given in my post upthread ^^^^ at 07:29 PM on the 28-11-2015 .

I know some people like 'em so just for those that do ....

pofp? pulleys outfish freakin' paternosters? ;O(

I prefer a flapper rig with an 18" hook snood and a 24" drop to the weight so that the hook hangs about 6" above the weight. One trick I use for flappers is to replace the usual crimps with tightish float stop knots. This makes the rigs adjustable and if you get a 20 punder on the snood slides down the line and stops at the weight link.
                            Last edited by The Doctor; 04-12-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Cheers Doc, that's very interesting. I'll give that a go. (every day's a school day in our house)

Comment

Cheers Doc, that's very interesting. I'll give that a go. (every day's a school day in our house)

If yer match fishing for small stuff at a distance using bait clips you can use pairs of adjustable sliding stop knots instead of pairs of them nasty metal crimps. As I say you can then adjust the bottom stop of the pair to tighten the snood(s) up to the bait clip(s) and adjust the top stop of the pair to leave a 2" gap between the stops. This setup will release yer hook(s) from the bait clip(s) every time your rig hits the water. If it doesn't then I'll start using pulley rigs :-O
                                Last edited by The Doctor; 05-12-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X