North coast of scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North coast of scotland

We're looking to head up to the north coast of scotland early in the new year. Can anyone recommend any areas worth looking at? Just staying on the main land to keep our costs down. Any help would be great.

Someone mentioned Kinlochbervie last year. Said a mate was catching big cod off the coast in winter. Something about a breeding ground just off the coast?

Quite high up on the NW coast mind.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgepot View Post
      We're looking to head up to the north coast of scotland early in the new year. Can anyone recommend any areas worth looking at? Just staying on the main land to keep our costs down. Any help would be great.
      At this time of year you need to head to the Arbroath/Montrose area, on the East Coast of Scotland, if you are looking for Cod.

Key in "Angus region" and take it from there.

PS Kinlochbervie............. eh, no!!!
      Last edited by kayos; 02-12-2015, 12:23 AM.
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Cheers Smallfry, its for one of the lads birthdays and he really wants fish right up north so that sounds canny. Cheers for the info Kayos but looking at much further north. It might not fish well I'm not sure but thats where he wants to go

Comment

have a look on WSF site for info
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
            At this time of year you need to head to the Arbroath/Montrose area, on the East Coast of Scotland, if you are looking for Cod.

Key in "Angus region" and take it from there.

PS Kinlochbervie............. eh, no!!!

Ok. Whats the prob with Kinlochbervie? I was fancying a look up there in January. Not JUST for fishing though.

Comment

Originally posted by smallfry View Post
              Ok. Whats the prob with Kinlochbervie? I was fancying a look up there in January. Not JUST for fishing though.
              My last post was probably unfair. Kinlochbervie is lovely if the weather is good, but in the depths of winter?? It is the definition of remote!

Anyhow there is a charter vessel that does fishing, not cheap and probably doesn't run in the winter, but here is the link.

capewrathcharters.com - Home

Apparently the fishing off a boat can be good.
              2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                My last post was probably unfair. Kinlochbervie is lovely if the weather is good, but in the depths of winter?? It is the definition of remote!

Anyhow there is a charter vessel that does fishing, not cheap and probably doesn't run in the winter, but here is the link.

capewrathcharters.com - Home

Apparently the fishing off a boat can be good.
                Thats not remote, It's got roads & houses & shops & a pub! I v'e been up that way but it was years ago & I wasn't fishing. The farthest north I've fished from is Ardnamurchan Point (good for Pollack)

Anyway for the OP, here's a good site for info about the area, including accomodation.

Kinlochbervie, Sutherland

Comment

Working...
                X