Tight spigot advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight spigot advice

After a bit of advice on a very tight zippy spigot. Only goes about halfway in then gets really tight and if i persuade it too far its really hard to get out.Tried ptfe spray but doesnt help much so wondering if i should wet and dry it but dont know what grade,rub it up and down or round it,etc ?? Bri.

Whatever you do, don't use any wet & dry. You'll ruin the rod. Keep working it with the ptfe or even rub pencil graphite onto it and work it in and out until you're happy with it. Just perservere, you'll get there.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Best thing is a bit of grease on the male spigot. Push it in and rotate. Clean and keep repeating. Its worked on every rod I've ever had. The spigot will have been spot on from day one say definitely doesn't need sandpaper! The spigots swell and dirt can build up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUKKA View Post
        Best thing is a bit of grease on the male spigot. Push it in and rotate. Clean and keep repeating. Its worked on every rod I've ever had. The spigot will have been spot on from day one say definitely doesn't need sandpaper! The spigots swell and dirt can build up.
        Yep this is the way to go takes a bit of time and effort but will bed the spigot properly.

Comment

Spigot

Appreciate the advice lads,so just use any grease turn the rod,clean the grease off ,re apply and repeat until it goes in further ?

Comment

Originally posted by bri1960 View Post
            Appreciate the advice lads,so just use any grease turn the rod,clean the grease off ,re apply and repeat until it goes in further ?
            Yep then after you've got it where you want use a bottle brush and warm soapy water clean out the joint and apply the ptfe

Comment

spigot

Thanks thumper

Comment

bet its your 427 bri is it. mine was the same but persevered and its fine now
                have you got a cloth

Comment

spigot

Its my TXL Tony,me 427is champion,it just seemed to get tighter for some reason

Comment

Working...
                  X