don't know what to do;weather and macky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't know what to do;weather and macky

checked all the met office charts and for me the best time to try a bit of spinning would be friday afternoon light winds and a smooth sea,trouble is i hate all the chavs that i know will be on the pier at that time, my other alternative would be very early 4 ish on saterday morning when it is totally chav free but the wind gets up and swivels round to NE not really great for spinning i'm defo going out but wich time would you lads would suggest ,friday afternoon or saturday morning

I'm up their saturday morning bright and early... not sure how quiet it will be, hope just a couple of people

Comment

Originally posted by super-MAGuire View Post
      I'm up their saturday morning bright and early... not sure how quiet it will be, hope just a couple of people
      Thinking about it tomorrow, nice breeze from the north will make chucking easy, but.......

Comment

big rod out on the SE corner, and float or spinning i fancy... You seen or herd of any or many pollock coming in on the red gills Gord?

Comment

big rod out on the SE corner, and float or spinning i fancy... You seen or herd of any or many pollock coming in on the red gills Gord?
          No mate Big rod should do the busy though. Make sure ya take yer flack jacket with yer.

Comment

can;t get out , did my back in at work friday morning

Comment

Originally posted by paulthespark View Post
              can;t get out , did my back in at work friday morning
              Hard lines mate, get well soon

Comment

1st cast on the big rod, codling about 1lb nd half... but mackerelers where out in force early doors so retired it after the 1st cast, couple of coalies and mackerel on the spinner, half hearted attempt at the red gills but nowt... then 44s with the bait rod, 12 dabs and a mackerel lmao! was good apart from the wind!

Comment

1st cast on the big rod, codling about 1lb nd half... but mackerelers where out in force early doors so retired it after the 1st cast, couple of coalies and mackerel on the spinner, half hearted attempt at the red gills but nowt... then 44s with the bait rod, 12 dabs and a mackerel lmao! was good apart from the wind!
                  well done with the catch, the met office was right the wind did turn to the NE, will go out next weekend if my bloody back gets better.

Comment

What time did yer pack in mate. I got on about 12, fished 42, nowt, el grand blanko. Lost a canny one pulling it up the side, looked like a big mackeral or coalie when it eventually surfaced. Wind was nightmare like.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                      What time did yer pack in mate. I got on about 12, fished 42, nowt, el grand blanko. Lost a canny one pulling it up the side, looked like a big mackeral or coalie when it eventually surfaced. Wind was nightmare like.
                      about half 9 matey. suprised at that.... i had a fish or 2 every chuck lol

I wasnt even leaving it to soak for ages either, flats where mainly taking rag tipped with a inch slither of mackerel. Dubai billy and another oldish fella who i've never met befor where fishing, but he was really canny, got a canny codling about the size i had on the end.

Comment

about half 9 matey. suprised at that.... i had a fish or 2 every chuck lol

I wasnt even leaving it to soak for ages either, flats where mainly taking rag tipped with a inch slither of mackerel. Dubai billy and another oldish fella who i've never met befor where fishing, but he was really canny, got a canny codling about the size i had on the end.
                        Aye, Dudai was hold up at the first gate with waco when I went on. Sounds like you had a canny day like. A used frozen crab. I'm just wondering now if that fish I lost handballing up the side was a Tuna!!

Comment

Best thing to do lads is get a mate who doesnt like fishing and get him to stand at the first gate asking chaves for money to get on the pier bet they go else where chave free pier !!
                          was that a bite (na mate i think it was wind)

Comment

Working...
                          X