Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spinning Rod? Any Ideas?

Hi Lads,

Just looking to buy a new spinning rod - around the £60 - £70 mark.

I've currently got a Mitchell which I paid around £45.00 for but I'm looking for something a bit better. Any recommendations?

I have been looking at a Tubertini model and there's also a Mike Ladle rod at Veals but that's a bit more that I was looking to pay at £87.00.

both good rods but i would pay the extra and go 4 the mike ladle these rods are made on diawa blanks i believe and you can,t go wrong with them
    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

there is a shamuno spinning set in lewis that looks good value for money think its 59.99 or 69.99

Comment

I would have look at the Savagegear Bushwackers and pick one to suit the weight of the spinners you use, they are good rods for the money. Harris sports mail have them.
        Last edited by Tiddler; 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

rod

i would recomend a any fish bait and lure 30 - 60 its 11 ft it can cast a spinner a long way i use a bait cast reel on mine with 10lb line it casts a float easy i also put a 2oz lead on it for bottom fishing great flatty and macky rod i put feathers on it with a 2oz sinkers mind dont use more than 3 flys in case you get a full house
          old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Cheers for the feedback lads. I'm heading down to see Simon this week at Lewis Tackle shop so I'll check out the Shimano combo. I was also looking at the Bushwacker rod, I'll get a new rod sometime this week hopefully!

Comment

Working...
            X