abu reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abu reels

hi guys i just bought a green abu 6500cs mag ...with the level wind one ....i dont like the idea of a level wind and was wondering if it would be better to remove the level wind or convert it properly ...i bought it with the intention of having a fast reel....any advise would be much appreciated ...
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
    hi guys i just bought a green abu 6500cs mag ...with the level wind one ....i dont like the idea of a level wind and was wondering if it would be better to remove the level wind or convert it properly ...i bought it with the intention of having a fast reel....any advise would be much appreciated ...
    i would say convert it properly if what you mean is to rplace level wind bars with one rienforced bar andy rutherford has them in stock i believe.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Stick an ad in the wanted section, I'm sure there will be a few lads who have splashed out on a QTC cage with a spare CT cage floating around. Alternatively you can get them on Fleabay for £20 odd.
      CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Cracking reels and well worth converting,pop into rutherfords he will convert it for you

Comment

Or as John says get the hacksaw out, just like we had to do in the olden days
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

anyone knows how much rutherfords will charge to do this ...and if i get the hacksaw where would i begin ??? also would it be worth doing so to a abu 7000 without the mag ? or should i just use the abu 7000 with level wind for rough groub fishing g 40lb line straight through .....any advise would be appreciated ...does a level wind affect rough ground fishing ....someone said that the level wind can bend if uts a reel monster on the end ? never used abus myself so i would just like to know ...cheers...also am i looking for the cage which is about 20 quid or would i be looking for the bar which is about a tenner....?
            Last edited by codcatcher3000; 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM.

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
            Kompressor SS /slosh30
            tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Nothing wrong with a levelwind & heavy line in the heavy stuff, means if you get a good fish on you can just crank away without worrying about egg-timering your spool - I know quite a few anglers who fish that way.

Gary
              ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
              on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

I would buy a CT cage rather than butcher your current one, QTC if you can afford it otherwise the flat bar cages from the "blueyonder" reel are good.

Comment

ABU 6000 / 6500 Heavy Duty CT Conversion Bar | eBay UK is this ok or do i need the cage as well?

2014 combo:
                  Kompressor SS /slosh30
                  tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
                    ABU 6000 / 6500 Heavy Duty CT Conversion Bar | eBay UK is this ok or do i need the cage as well?
                    no you dont need the cage ,if you get in touch with blackdog you call him russ he will sort you out he is very helpful .he has an email you can send to. and prob a phone numb on his site .

andy rutherford roker avenue is very good to and helpful and i know he carries stuff like this in his shop and may be local to you.

there may well be other shops in the north east that will do same service but i know andy does have bars etc in but may not be local to you.
                    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
                    X