abu garcia seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abu garcia seven

just bought one of these reels from rutherfords, had a couple casts with it at roker pier, seemed a nice smooth reel. was £55 which i thought was quite cheap for a tackle shop, anyone else tryed these and what you make of them?

I've neva tried one but was told its the cheapy version of the 7000 series. A shop ova darlington are seln them on flea bay for 47 quid.
    It might last you years mate n be a cracking buy for 55 quid
    www.home-improver.com
    Where quality counts

Comment

amazing ya seem to know everything you mate good stuff whats the shop called by the way its not spotty dogs is it ?
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Its called quaker tackle in Darlington bud spotty dog's ova stockton been there before and my opinion is they're useless but thats just opinion al post a link on from flea bay when I eventualy get back to pc.
        Cheers
        Brian
        Last edited by clarky; 15-06-2011, 07:51 AM.
        www.home-improver.com
        Where quality counts

Comment

ive just sold mine to fund my 7ht,never had a problem with it.proberly buy another later in the year!!

Comment

Ah good. No bad reports then . A might try to get out for a few hours this afternoon on the Tyne. Just to check the reel of course

Comment

The newer ones are mass produced in China. Thats why the old ones have made in sweden stamped on the side plate.They were made in Sweden.
              I have an old Abu 7000 bought second hand off e-bay. And its one of the mass produced ones. Do you know what its as tough as old boots. Still using it now 5years later as a heavy ground reel loaded with 30lb line. Its been bounced about a fair bit and still works. Only part i had to replace was the level wind worm.

Mick.
              Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

yeah mick this has the made in china stamp. i know some people aviod buying the china stuff but i thought it must be made to a good standard otherwise abu garcia would not put there name to it. iv had it out again today and still cant grumble, smooth cast and retrieval. im out on the boat in a week so i may try and have a bash with it .

Comment

abu seven

A mate of mine had one.it was his only reel for years,watched him haul in a 15lb cod at whitburn with it.It still works fine although it now has a dent in the sideplate due to being put down and accidently kicked off a cliff in the dark!!!,took ages to find the blasted thing that nite.Good reel,good price.

Comment

won a one a few year ago never had problem with it canny for the rocks ,jamcod

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                      The newer ones are mass produced in China. Thats why the old ones have made in sweden stamped on the side plate.They were made in Sweden.
                      I have an old Abu 7000 bought second hand off e-bay. And its one of the mass produced ones. Do you know what its as tough as old boots. Still using it now 5years later as a heavy ground reel loaded with 30lb line. Its been bounced about a fair bit and still works. Only part i had to replace was the level wind worm.

Mick.
                      Hi Mick, this reel's the abu 7 not the 7000 its the cheapy version of 7000 wasnt sure if you realised this.
                      If you already knew this sorry in advance.
                      www.home-improver.com
                      Where quality counts

Comment

My Dad has one of the older ones made in Swedan..... still going strong 10yrs later depite mine and my brothers best efforts to wreck it in our younger years lol. Chinese stuff would't put me off either.... mass produced, yes, but if Abu are happy to put their name too it then it won't be bad. Enjoy.
                        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I have a 1978 and anothe rof similar age both still fab.... i use it from the boat

Comment

ive got one of the older ones had it for about 15yrs and was secondhand then , not used it for about 4yr after I bought my slosh 30 but after reading this think i will put new line on and give it a run out

Comment

kids have just bought me one for Fathers day...

Comment

Working...
                              X