Screaming slosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming slosh

I've been having some problems with my slosh 20, Screaming at me as if there's something on the spool. I've tried stripping it down and cleaning it but it happened again after a few hour session. I've stripped, cleaned and oiled it again but have not used it since. Has anyone else had this problem with one?

ya casting too hard lol have you tried to losen the spool tension it a tad or remove one brake block
    Cod machine

Comment

My old slosh 20 shv used to do that, but a simple and quick solution sorted it instantly and was casting as quiet as a mouse...

All I do is the usual, remove both sideplates, everything inside gets a good clean and oiled or greased up depending on the components. But before everything goes back together, I oil up the inside of the spool and the outer inside lip of the spool too. This prevents rub between the materials of the frame and the spool, so when it spins it sound lovely n smooth.

If this doesn't work for you I can only suggest you have a badly rusted part within the reel or a component of the reel is damaged.

A hope this helps you sort it out mate.
      South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by ;266778
        My old slosh 20 shv used to do that, but a simple and quick solution sorted it instantly and was casting as quiet as a mouse...

All I do is the usual, remove both sideplates, everything inside gets a good clean and oiled or greased up depending on the components. But before everything goes back together, I oil up the inside of the spool and the outer inside lip of the spool too. This prevents rub between the materials of the frame and the spool, so when it spins it sound lovely n smooth.

If this doesn't work for you I can only suggest you have a badly rusted part within the reel or a component of the reel is damaged.

A hope this helps you sort it out mate.
        Sum boy yee andy son!!! Haha. A wudnt dare take any im of my reels apart foe fear of springsn that gan all owa!!! Lol!!!
        GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
          Sum boy yee andy son!!! Haha. A wudnt dare take any im of my reels apart foe fear of springsn that gan all owa!!! Lol!!!
          av never had much problems. I arrange everything as i take it apart so when it comes to putting it back together, everything is arranged in the way it came out the reel.

This is why at collage I took a National Diploma course in operations and maintenance engineering, because I like assessing mechanical instruments such as reels and repairing them or giving them maintenance.

It's 'reel' easy once you get the knack for it bud.
          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

All I can think of is what deano's saying, if it isn't sorted yet il just give it a losen off. It's fairly new and there's no rusting parts. As a fellow engineer should be able to sort it haha thanks for the help

Comment

Forgot to mention all break blocks are removed

Comment

If you wack a slosh and get the cast right it'll make all sorts of strange noises but a short chuck should be almost silent. Well that's my experience anyway

Comment

Sounds like the bearing has gone. Had a few gone on my 20s and 30s. Cost about £7 for anew one fitted last time. Seems quite common but generally reliable reels. Only seem to go when they're getting a bit stick.

Comment

my slosh 30 shv makes a rrrrrrrrrrrrsssss sound when i hit it hard, but my 20 shv was smooth as... im not botherd about the sound as it casts just as far as my mag reel and its a lot more better for the rock marks, i would be taking it apart coz they never seem to be right afterwards

Comment

My slosh 30 does the same ans it also has the breakblocks removed also when retrieving it seems like its rubbing on something
                      I asked ronnie at id and he reckons the bearings are away but theryre only £7 per bearing

Comment

like andy said put a drop of oil on ya spindle but wipe the excess off as you dont want oil spraying around everytime you cast, if the reel bearings are gone as av mentioned in another thread check this guy out.

I got a set for £8 postage included for my abu6500, check out the other thread called Penn 525 gs / 535 gs Spool Bearings as there's some more info there to

hope this helps
                        Brian
                        Last edited by clarky; 18-06-2011, 09:31 AM.
                        www.home-improver.com
                        Where quality counts

Comment

Thanks

Comment

ReelBearings.co.uk. Online suppliers of fishing Reel Bearings

I got a set for £8 postage included for my abu6500, check out the other thread called Penn 525 gs / 535 gs Spool Bearings as there's some more info there to

hope this helps
                            Brian[/QUOTE]

Thanx for that link m8t.
                            John

Comment

no probs lads,
                              if I get good service from someone then I tryn spread the word as its hard to get a business thats commited to its customer service
                              Cheers
                              Brian
                              www.home-improver.com
                              Where quality counts

Comment

Working...
                              X