Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham Club?

Hi there...

Looking for some info on seaham fishing club?

Wanting to know people's opinions on the club...
    Benefits of joining...
    Membership fee's...

Me and my sister are thinking of joining but want to get a bit more info first.

Cheers,
    Dave

just sent you PM
    Alan

Comment

Av been meaning to join for a few years now but still neva got round to it, so it'll be good to read others views
      www.home-improver.com
      Where quality counts

Comment

the club has had a few ups and downs over the last couple of years , but it is still hanging in there and coming back up .the club is now run by a committee that wants the members to say what they would like to happen and are more than welcome to throw ideas or questions at the committee . during the summer we are averaging 40 to 50 anglers fishing the club comps .these comps cost £4 to enter and there is optionals of pairs which is paid out 60 / 40 for the heaviest bags for the best 2 pairs teams . then there is the sealed weight , as long as you have caught a size fish you are in with a chance of winning the cash that is paid in . if you enter 8 or more comps during the year you can enter the xmas comp , which we have some good prizes for all ready and are busy getting more cash so it will get even bigger . looks like we will have a bumper xmas comp this year . the club is open every day between 9.30 and 12.00 apart from sundays unless there is a comp on and then it opens about 2 hours before the comp starts . if you have any questions please ring the club or pop in and have a cuppa , cuppas only cost 50 p , so it wont break the bank . joining will also put you in touch with other anglers for tips on when and where to fish and what bait is best at the time . plus where to get fishing tackle or possibly bait , i.e. digging your own or getting bait off someone who does dig there own. the club number is 5810321 call if you need more info , we will help if we can .

Comment

Originally posted by kensr27sz View Post
          the club has had a few ups and downs over the last couple of years , but it is still hanging in there and coming back up .the club is now run by a committee that wants the members to say what they would like to happen and are more than welcome to throw ideas or questions at the committee . during the summer we are averaging 40 to 50 anglers fishing the club comps .these comps cost £4 to enter and there is optionals of pairs which is paid out 60 / 40 for the heaviest bags for the best 2 pairs teams . then there is the sealed weight , as long as you have caught a size fish you are in with a chance of winning the cash that is paid in . if you enter 8 or more comps during the year you can enter the xmas comp , which we have some good prizes for all ready and are busy getting more cash so it will get even bigger . looks like we will have a bumper xmas comp this year . the club is open every day between 9.30 and 12.00 apart from sundays unless there is a comp on and then it opens about 2 hours before the comp starts . if you have any questions please ring the club or pop in and have a cuppa , cuppas only cost 50 p , so it wont break the bank . joining will also put you in touch with other anglers for tips on when and where to fish and what bait is best at the time . plus where to get fishing tackle or possibly bait , i.e. digging your own or getting bait off someone who does dig there own. the club number is 5810321 call if you need more info , we will help if we can .
          Cheers for the info kensr27sz, I'd heard there's been a few problems within the club (certain members spoiling it for others) I think thats why I didnt get my arse in gear and join, when is the best time to join "IE now, end of year or begining.
          www.home-improver.com
          Where quality counts

Comment

be worth asking if they have a half yr memebership ..i mite give it a go ...used to be a member my self ...
            Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
            Kompressor SS /slosh30
            tt sport /525 mag

Comment

if you join now you still have about 6 months before the next year starts , and still able to get 8 comps in to be able to enter the xmas comp . the new season starts on the 2nd of january when the locks are changed on the gates. for £25.50 it is still worth joining now , but if you leave it for another month or 2 then i dont know it it would be worth it as by then you would not have any chance of getting the comps in for the xmas comp .in saying that from october onwards the north pier can produce some good cod esspecially after a big sea that has been there for awhile . then there is the crack with the lads and lasses that get to the club . if you join then you can attend the agm and vote on things that you would like to see happen or against things that you dont like , the members are the ones that do the voting . any other info you need either phone the club or you can get in touch with me by either pm or on this forum. good fishing what ever you decide to do .

Comment

am gonna visit the place a couple of times make sure its locked....if its always locked then i will join if not then well...why buy the cow ......it was hardly locked when i was a member....

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
                Kompressor SS /slosh30
                tt sport /525 mag

Comment

sorry m8 but there is no half yearly memberships,if there was it wouldnt be much cheaper than what you pay now as , dock fees , insureance , and keys would still have to be paid for.not sure exactly but the club only gets about £6 from each member to help to run the club and pay the bills for the year .

Comment

i dont doubt that mate ..not one bit i know the club pretty much pays nearly all its dosh to rent the pier from the dock co . what i did not like was the chavs and nonces with their stubbys and cans behaving like monkeys and non members taking undersized lobsters and undersized fish ...hmmm with regards to undersized fish some members are guilty too...i do wanna fish the pier but only if there is no access to the public anymore...dont need another staffy scoffing my squid ...yes i am willing to pay the price of the membership it does not cost much and with possibilty of redundancy coming seems wise to buy it now ....but if i have to deal with the chavs i mite as well just go to roker...can someone just tell me if the gates are locked daily ?

2014 combo:
                    Kompressor SS /slosh30
                    tt sport /525 mag

Comment

all members should lock the gates behind them when going on the pier , unfortunatly not all members do . if caught they could be asked to attend a meeting where the could be kicked out of the club or susspended from the club for a period of time . there is also non members climbing around the gate , we have been told that there is going to be extra fencing put up and when the dock is finished there will be security on as well . i know there is sometimes people on the pier that we would like to stop but at the moment we can do nothing but try and make it better for the members . members are covered by insureance if they ever have an accident non members are not . plus they have the benifit of being able to enter the club comps , sorry if things are not the way you want them , by joining you have a chance of helping it change but as in all things you cant please everyone, best of luck when you do go fishing ,member or not .

Comment

i dont mean to like whinge ken ...but i am ....however i do enjoy fishing the spiles and a bonus of being a member would be being able to access the spiles after a certain time..i would be joining it no doubt really ..25 quid is not the end of the world really....just hope ppl keep the pier locked. i for one will be locking the gates and will not be entertaining 'how mate u gotta key, i need to get out'..

2014 combo:
                        Kompressor SS /slosh30
                        tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
                          am gonna visit the place a couple of times make sure its locked....if its always locked then i will join if not then well...why buy the cow ......it was hardly locked when i was a member....
                          Most of the guys av talked to who aint members just climb round, I was even talkn to a couple of members who told me if I aint bothered about the comps just climb round like the others do.
                          I dont mind paying the £25 but why should some pay and others not?
                          www.home-improver.com
                          Where quality counts

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
                            i dont mean to like whinge ken ...but i am ....however i do enjoy fishing the spiles and a bonus of being a member would be being able to access the spiles after a certain time..i would be joining it no doubt really ..25 quid is not the end of the world really....just hope ppl keep the pier locked. i for one will be locking the gates and will not be entertaining 'how mate u gotta key, i need to get out'..
                            i was on there last week a old wooden leg fkr with a stick well ya wud think he had a wooden leg way he walked dragging hes trolley he waited till 4 of us got next to the gate and opened it and says ya got a key to lock it , i says fk you ya old b@stard ,there was a old women and child and man but before any one cud get through the old fkr locked the gate we was right there and made them climb round and also i had to ,but the gate was open all day and no one was to know if ya was to enter or not no signs so old fkr hope ya blank forever owld git or ya leg falls off
                            Last edited by codseeker; 20-06-2011, 11:13 PM.
                            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
                              i was on there last week a old wooden leg fkr with a stick well ya wud think he had a wooden leg way he walked dragging hes trolley he waited till 4 of us got next to the gate and opened it and says ya got a key to lock it , i says fk you ya old b@stard ,there was a old women and child and man but before any one cud get through the old fkr locked the gate we was right there and made them climb round and also i had to ,but the gate was open all day and no one was to know if ya was to enter or not no signs so old fkr hope ya blank forever owld git or ya leg falls off
                              Well thats my decision made I'll check the club out in another couple of years, its bad enough going on roker and shields and getn abuse of morons during macky season, but that old guy was only abiding by the rules of the club and look at the abuse he got.
                              Am surprised seaham has any members if thats the abuse you get when you head out for a relaxing days fishn on the pier
                              www.home-improver.com
                              Where quality counts

Comment

Working...
                              X