salted worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salted worms

ok all just wanted to say im planning a quick session down horden ...i am planning to use the leftover salted rag and also salted lug ...i should buy a pack of live worms for control ..but i am not going to ...i will let u know what its like baiting up and casting it ..and if i catch out ...this all pending the fisheries permission officer @ tackle cops @ the missus
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

LOL good luck mate, look forward to your report.

Comment

hahaha, well my missus is at work all weekend and then dayshift next week so I should manage a few trips out... never used salted wormies though, be intresting to hear your report....
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

looking forward to the feedback Mate.....

Comment

well what can i say ...i lost two fish on the retrieve( shoulda used pennel pulley )but all i can say is with regards to the salted lug and salted rag ...the salted ;lug is tougher and easier to bait than runnidown ..its also rehydrates quickly to look like proper lug quite quickly . same with the rag ...they were both quite leathery it was easy to bait up...ur hands stay pretty dry ,.and no matter how i cast with flapper rig or clipped i did not lose bait ...so all in all an easy to use standby emergency bait ...i think it wll be quite effective in the winter after the blows ...when worms supply iis short.....roll on winter....
          Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
          Kompressor SS /slosh30
          tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
            well what can i say ...i lost two fish on the retrieve( shoulda used pennel pulley )but all i can say is with regards to the salted lug and salted rag ...the salted ;lug is tougher and easier to bait than runnidown ..its also rehydrates quickly to look like proper lug quite quickly . same with the rag ...they were both quite leathery it was easy to bait up...ur hands stay pretty dry ,.and no matter how i cast with flapper rig or clipped i did not lose bait ...so all in all an easy to use standby emergency bait ...i think it wll be quite effective in the winter after the blows ...when worms supply iis short.....roll on winter....
            i wish i'd have read something like this a couple of weeks ago had to throw a boat load of bought rag away as i could'nt get out with one thing and another cropping up.At least i know now.

Comment

well done on giving it a go with salted rag and lug,think i will try salting my left overs next time im out.

Comment

lug

salted lug is very good bait just dry them out first cover in salt leave 24 hours change the salt ag leave another 24 hours then wrap up and in the freezer when fishing with them tip off with some squid works a treat

Comment

Working...
                X