what LB line do people use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what LB line do people use

i no its a bit off a beginners qestion and no im not a beginner i was just wondering if it would be ok to use 15lb line with 60lb taperd shockleader on mixed to rough ground thanks if any suggestions please post on thread
    species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

i would take the mainline up to 20lb or just use 30lb straight through if its more rough than mixed.

Comment

cheers mate but i wont be doin lots of rough it will be mainly mixed and little bits of rough ground if that helps

cheers kyle
      species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

My choice would be a heavier mainline, I use 12-15lb on clean beaches, if it's not really heavy going I'd think 18-20lb and as mentioned 30lb or so straight through for the nastier stuff.
        Easier if you have a couple of reels with you loaded with different lines, quicker too is you make a mess of one and have to reload it - means you can still keep a line in the water.

Comment

personally i wouldnt use 15lb and a tapered leader bud, i wouldnt use 30lb straight through either, I'd use 30lb main with an 80lb rubbing leader cos if you use 30lb straight through the line could become well damaged on the rocks and you'll probably end up losing a decent fish
          I also change my line after every trip for the same reason, just in case like.

I know loads of lads use 30lb straight through and it may be fine for them, but I'd rather catch that double that eventualy comes my way rather than lose it!

hope this helped bud

Brian
          www.home-improver.com
          Where quality counts

Comment

For example mate, fishing shields, either 18 or 15 with a 50 shocker works ok for me apart from today like when I got a flippin nest

Comment

g.ordon

hi gordon ya never got another nest did ya mate, wos tha any eggs innit,its about hathing time now.lol.

Comment

sorry mate a ment hatching.oop,s

Comment

Originally posted by white water View Post
                  i no its a bit off a beginners qestion and no im not a beginner i was just wondering if it would be ok to use 15lb line with 60lb taperd shockleader on mixed to rough ground thanks if any suggestions please post on thread
                  you could get a spare spool for your reel and load one spool with 25lb mono with shockleader or rubbing leader as some would say.

and the other spool with say 35lb b/s straight thro on.

line make imho you cant beat berkley trilene.
                  did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by barnacle bill View Post
                    hi gordon ya never got another nest did ya mate, wos tha any eggs innit,its about hathing time now.lol.
                    What do yer mean mate, the last time I got a nest, charlie chapplin was still making films.

Got nowt after you left mate.

Comment

i use 30 straight through mate and it does the job on the rough stuff but my spare spool is loaded with 18 for mixed hope this helps mate
                      Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                        What do yer mean mate, the last time I got a nest, charlie chapplin was still making films.

Got nowt after you left mate.
                        was that about the time rod taylor and tippi hedren was making films lol, ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by waco View Post
                          was that about the time rod taylor and tippi hedren was making films lol, ha ha
                          Al have to google that one mate

Comment

Working...
                          X