zippy advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zippy advice

Hi, I'm after a little advice on which zziplex would be most suited to the northumberland coastline, thanks in advance.

if you are on about fishing heavy ground i believe the lt bullits were popular up there.

would also think the 14ft zeteque and m427 su would regarded by many as ideal rods also.

personaly myself i think the m4 evo would be more than suitable but many will disagree.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Not to sure mate as there's loads of zippy's.
      Av heard a lot of the casting lads on about the 427 and I think you can get stiffer versions of that rod too.
      I was told the primo syncro is a good all rounder as I was thinkn of buyn one myself.
      There should be someone on here that can give you some better advice than me as am not really a zippy lad.
      But hope what av said helps
      www.home-improver.com
      Where quality counts

Comment

hi mate i live in northumberland i have loads of zziplex rods i fish alot on the rock edges i have a pair of lt14 dynamic evo the new one they are a great fishing rod alot of lads use bulitts but i find them a bit stiff

Comment

a lot depends on how stiff you want a rod to be for ground you are fishing.if you want a stiff poker go for a zeteque but they come in various lengths.

myself i dont think you need a stiff poker for heavy ground thats my opion anyway.

i used to fish newbiggen a lot yrs ago heavy ground and used to use a conoflex super flick tip.may be considered soft by rock anglers today but will still do the job easily imho.

Comment

i agree with john, there is to much emphasis on rods being poker stiff to a point where we are just adapting court rods to fishing.

while you need a rod with a bit of grunt for the heavy ground, a rod that bends a bit is easier to use and cast with especially when stood on weed covered rocks and in adverse weather conditions but at the same time you dont want it to bend to the butt cap.

any angler who fishes heavy ground will know that often you cant just crank a fish in but instead you hold the curve in the rod and ease the fish through the weed so a rod that bends but locks up into a curve is ideal.

no doubt plenty of people will disagree like !

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
              a lot depends on how stiff you want a rod to be for ground you are fishing.if you want a stiff poker go for a zeteque but they come in various lengths.

myself i dont think you need a stiff poker for heavy ground thats my opion anyway.

i used to fish newbiggen a lot yrs ago heavy ground and used to use a conoflex super flick tip.may be considered soft by rock anglers today but will still do the job easily imho.
              Conoflex Super Flick Tip was my first proper rod, bought mine in about 1988 from Jock Lindsay's son at the Seaham club. 11'8" with a 4' ally butt and a 7' 8" glass tip IIRC. Used it all over the place - Green Wall, Chemical Beach, Shields Pier, Newbiggen, Kirkubright etc.

Still got it kicking around in the garage at my folks place, might have to dig it out for old times sake and take it for a spin.
              CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

as already said the zippy lt bullet is probs your best option if you like a stiff rod that can pull through kelp etc with ease i have 2 and they are awesome rods bite detection is great and it does cast like a bullet
                Cod machine

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Tucker View Post
                  Conoflex Super Flick Tip was my first proper rod, bought mine in about 1988 from Jock Lindsay's son at the Seaham club. 11'8" with a 4' ally butt and a 7' 8" glass tip IIRC. Used it all over the place - Green Wall, Chemical Beach, Shields Pier, Newbiggen, Kirkubright etc.

Still got it kicking around in the garage at my folks place, might have to dig it out for old times sake and take it for a spin.
                  jock lindsays remember him well wunder were he is now.

Comment

Working...
                  X