Grey's rod snaps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey's rod snaps...

My Grey's Nitra just snapped below the 5th ring from the tip. Full snap. I'm surprised cos this is the best rod I've had and seemed tough as anything - lovely slim, stiff blank, stood dead still in a gale etc.
    Is this a one-off? Has anyone else had one snap? Don't want to search for a new one now, but if anyone can recommend an even better rod that shares the best qualities of the Nitra, I'd appreciate the advice.
    Best,
    Ross
    PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Rod

Hi mate I have had one for 15 years good rod and I love mine too , did you get it new ? Or second hand ? If new you should have a card with rod it's the warranty think greys have put up there price for a replacement section contact them they should help you all ways been good to me in the past . Hope that helps ???

Comment

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, 2nd hand. I got it at a good price and used it loads so can't complain really. Might see if Greys have got any tip sections kicking about anyway
      PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

night mare

I loved mine ,but it happened to mine about ten years ago..

Comment

Forgot to dis-engage reel when casting with mine on monday. The rod came down and hit the metal railings fairly hard without damage. We were just saying how tough they are.

Comment

Mystery. I was just off the ground casting it and it snapped down at Deal in Kent, off the shingle. It's possible that my hook might have caught a pebble but even so.. the cast still sailed off.. unfortunately the end of the rod went with it.
            I don't want to criticise the rod, though. It was the bollocks until last night

Comment

This isn't the first Nitra to snap that I've heard of, not common but heard of others snapped before, both through casting and striking, and accidental damage.
              South Shields & District SAC

Comment

First cast

son took his greys GRX beachcaster from shop to shields cast SNAP straight back to shop replacement no bother since STRANGE ?
                KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

if you cant get a replacement tip, try a mighty thin!

Comment

Rod Snaps

Hello mate. I had something similar with my Platinum XS, snapped the butt and replaced the tip over the years. Greys had a replacement Service for £50 including postage. Give them a call. I can't complain.

Comment

theres plenty srx s have snapped apollos including conoflex nemesis diablos and plus i know you get good and bad uns i used to be conoflex mad now i wont touch one i use century never had a snap and had 100 times more stik than me x conoflexes
                      did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

get a zippy no more snapping, greys chinese rubbish

Comment

Working...
                        X