Sea Angling Coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Angling Coach.

If anyone is interested in becoming a sea angling coach could you please let me have your details as soon as possible please. I have a meeting on Monday July 4th. with officials of the Angling Development board, the meeting includes Ben Thompson, the Regional Development Officer of the A.D.B.
    Ben seems to think that sea anglers in the N.E. aren't interested in becoming coaches or getting involved in the County Angling Action Groups, I don't agree. If people knew of these things then I'm sure they would get involved.
    Anyone that would like more information send me an e-mail or PM.to
    samharris01@aol.com or my telephone number is 0191 5184561.
    I will pass on your details to Ben at this meeting so that he can look into the possibilty of funding for coaching courses.
    Ben is also very keen to develop junior memberships in sea angling clubs, and there is a good possibilty of money being available to buy equipment to encourage clubs to take youngsters in. Tight Lines.

see the silence is deafening Sam ....
    look in to it lads its a good thing to put something back into the sport ....
    Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Sounds like a good thing to be a part of.

Comment

id love to do something like that....i need to learn myself first ...how much more info can ya give sam
        Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
        Kompressor SS /slosh30
        tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Hi Lambtonworm.
          Yes, the silence IS deafening. Maybe Ben Thompson is right, there is no interest.
          I've only had two people forward their details. Come on lads, I'm trying to show these people from the South that we do have top class anglers in the N.E. capable of passing on their experience to others not as skillful as themselves. It doesn't hurt,I promise.
          Tight Lines.

Comment

Ok I will give it a shot. How do I go about it?
            Last edited by peeagee; 26-06-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

im well in to my level 2 badge and its really is interesting stuff,the NE region is bursting at the seams with coarse and game coaches yet have a dire shortage of licenced sea angling coaches,your never going to make a financial gain but to educate the future young people coming through,has to be a worth while reward ....... Andy Copeland
              Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Comment

Hi Sam, yer am interested please forward me any info you have to brian@home-improver.com
                Cheers look forward to hearing from you.
                Brian
                www.home-improver.com
                Where quality counts

Comment

Pm sent mate.

I'm very interested.
                  South Shields & District SAC

Comment

If anyone wants a hand with this I am more than willing to help. Been a level @ for a few years now and as most of you know run a project teaching young people so have the access for people to run their sessions from. I can also help with any queries with regards to your course work or even enlighten you to what the course is about and what coaching entails. I work for Get Hooked on Fishing and not the ADB but like Sam am really eagre to push more sea anglers into the coaching scene and attending the meetings to have more presence and give us more say. Good luck Sam mate
                    <i>Put back what you don't need.</i>

Comment

Originally posted by Mogthemackem View Post
                      If anyone wants a hand with this I am more than willing to help. Been a level @ for a few years now and as most of you know run a project teaching young people so have the access for people to run their sessions from. I can also help with any queries with regards to your course work or even enlighten you to what the course is about and what coaching entails. I work for Get Hooked on Fishing and not the ADB but like Sam am really eagre to push more sea anglers into the coaching scene and attending the meetings to have more presence and give us more say. Good luck Sam mate
                      I can only confirm what Darren has wrote,he`s been a big help with my coaching course and am pleased to be part of the get hooked set up as one of his coaches helping out north east youth as a volunteer .....

Comment

Working...
                      X