Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops!

Hi chaps.

Well, finished work early this morning so thought ad have a days spinning. Stopped of at Reelsport to buy a few spinners and stuff...

Anyways I rode my bike down to the pier and went to fish the back of the toilets (down the side of the pier. Then calamity happed. Hit a slippy patch when riding up the pier and lost control a bit, then a loud CRUNCH noise. The butt section of me spinning rod went into me bike gears and it didn't stand a chance, totally crushed the bottom of the butt section. That's my favourite spinning rod buggered, cost enough aswell.

Not to worry though, am gonna get a new Berkley CherryWood spin next week. Can't do nowt in the the lure fishing challenge withoot a rod to cast a lure!
    Last edited by <(Andy2009)>; 30-06-2011, 03:16 PM.
    South Shields & District SAC

unlucky andy m8 was it dog stuff that made ya lost control
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
      unlucky andy m8 was it dog stuff that made ya lost control
      Na, lol.

It was that dark coloured moss that grows in the puddles on the pier, its like ice when ya stand on it...

Comment

unlucky andy mate better luck with the new rod
        Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

That's unlucky as £u** that mate, they weren't kidding when they put the sign up "slippery when wet" it's a nightmare at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete from shields View Post
            That's unlucky as £u** that mate, they weren't kidding when they put the sign up "slippery when wet" it's a nightmare at times.
            It's even more fun when ya carrying all your winter gear for a session on the end and its either icey or frosty as help, great laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
              It's even more fun when ya carrying all your winter gear for a session on the end and its either icey or frosty as help, great laugh.
              Aye lmfao time to get the nappies out for a safe landing.

Comment

Hello Andy,
                So lets see if I've got this right.......You went down to the toilet block this morning and ended up getting your butt destroyed!!!

(Only Joking.....If you need a spinning rod I can drop an old spare one I have in at Terrys shop early next week if it helps you out)

Regards Ian

Comment

Unlucky m8

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
                    Hello Andy,
                    So lets see if I've got this right.......You went down to the toilet block this morning and ended up getting your butt destroyed!!!

(Only Joking.....If you need a spinning rod I can drop an old spare one I have in at Terrys shop early next week if it helps you out)

Regards Ian

Thanks for the offer bud but your ok mate, am just gonna get a new one.

It's happened now so can only laugh aboot it.hahahahahahaha
                    Last edited by <(Andy2009)>; 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

hard to say whats worse ya butt getting caught in the gears,ya rod getting mashed,or the hole in ya pocket its gona leave.never mind though mate ,ya sound happy enough.nice of that lad to offer ya a rod.

Comment

Originally posted by skiny View Post
                        hard to say whats worse ya butt getting caught in the gears,ya rod getting mashed,or the hole in ya pocket its gona leave.never mind though mate ,ya sound happy enough.nice of that lad to offer ya a rod.
                        I mate Ian is ine of many good friends of mine and am lucky enough to have such good mates like that.

Am in two minds what to do. A quite like the look and want one of those Berkly CherryWood's, yet at the same time, should I not just ring Veals Mail Order where I got the rod from and order a replacement butt section?

Options options..... I'll more than likely buy the new rod knowing me

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
                          I mate Ian is ine of many good friends of mine and am lucky enough to have such good mates like that.

Am in two minds what to do. A quite like the look and want one of those Berkly CherryWood's, yet at the same time, should I not just ring Veals Mail Order where I got the rod from and order a replacement butt section?

Options options..... I'll more than likely buy the new rod knowing me
                          if its an expensive rod have ya not got some sort of insurance,mayby get some of the money towards replacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by skiny View Post
                            if its an expensive rod have ya not got some sort of insurance,mayby get some of the money towards replacing it.
                            Al probably just get a new rod mate. A friend of mine recommended the rod am getting a couple of years ago. Besides av ordered it now and I always like to keep my local tackle shop happy!

Comment

well you could always look at it another way, in that all you broke was your butt and gave us a laugh, you could well of skidded right over the railings and into the drink.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X