Shields Pier 03/07/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shields Pier 03/07/11

I had half an hour at the end of Shields Pier today I saw 2 mackerel caught in that time with about 30 people fishing, one lad had about 10 mackerel in a bag but a lot of people had caught nothing. The strong smell of urine, overcrowding and dangerous casting hastened my exit, I moved down near the first gate for a more pleasant fishing experience. I caught nothing though I had caught a mackerel there the day previous.

One of the mad jet skiers decided to play with the big boys he rode his jetski right alongside a large boat no more than a few feet away from it. He is just below the X on the boat side.

What a tool..... one or two idiots wil end up getting them all banned.
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

(X)treme Jet Skiing

Comment

x marks the huge thrusters just below him.

Comment

The X marks a thruster, if the ship had operated it, it could have sucked him in or pushed him away at great velocity more than likely throwing him off the jetski at best! Plonker!

Graham.

Comment

complete bell end and a half, its a shame it didnt suck him in !

Comment

Originally posted by apollo mk3 View Post
              complete bell end and a half, its a shame it didnt suck him in !
              pmsl

Comment

dangerous on the pier ,and an absolute disgraceful behaviour by the imbecile on the jet ski.
                if he had been sucked in the crew would have been mad accountable for his death,no doubt about it he would be dead and good riddance to the fool.

Comment

Just been reading up on ships thrusters and it looks like they've got a protective grate at the tunnel entrance, so he mightened of been sucked right through just stuck fast to the grating underwater while the ship went through the piers and out to deep sea.

Comment

What a complete fool definatley at the back of the brains que
                    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                      Just been reading up on ships thrusters and it looks like they've got a protective grate at the tunnel entrance, so he mightened of been sucked right through just stuck fast to the grating underwater while the ship went through the piers and out to deep sea.
                      Owch.

what was he thinkin though, gettin that close? Absolute stupidity

Comment

Working...
                      X