just curios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just curios

out of curiosity if u had the choice between one item being really good and the other item being really bad....which one would you guys n gals (just in case ) go far.....say a rubbish rod (£20 quid job) and a really good multi/fixed spool ( penn 525 mag/ slosh) or a really good rod say ( century /zziplex) and a crappy reel say like one of them chinese fixed spool jobs ( 10-15 quid reels ? just curious lol
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Think I'd compromise on the rod mate. Only logic I can give is when I got back into sea fishing about 15 year ago I got a second hand rod advertised in the papers for £15, it was a 13" Milbro err something but was as stiff as a fence post and probably able to pull a hammer head shark in, I could get a canny distance with it using a penn multi.
    Last edited by g.ordon; 04-07-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

The set up is only as strong as the weakest link, so I can't see one working without the other really. No good having the latest Century but your reel handle snaps when trying to retrieve, likewise no good having a 525 if the rod hasn't got the backbone to reel the fish in.
      Drowning worms since 2007.

Comment

Working...
      X