Century SS Kompressor super sport snapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century SS Kompressor super sport snapped

I have snapped about 10 inches off the top section on my Century SS Kompressor super sport, so what i need to know is how much will it cost to replace it, or could i repair it by just having a new tip ring fitted.
    Thanks in advance.
    In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
    Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
    Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

How old is the rod how did it snap i would'nt know about just fitting a new tip ring the action i would think will be all different.

Comment

I got it second hand had it about 5 month.
      I suspect it was damaged when fishing in Scotland not sure, I was cleaning it it snapped when i flexed the tip end while drying it with a cloth.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Try and get in touch with the lad you bought it off he may still have the receipts for it so it still be under warrenty if that fails get intouch with century and they will qoute you for a tip section
        Shame coz that seemed like a canny rod

Comment

Cheers David, I might get a tip ring put on if possible, and see what it preforms like.
          I think it will be a lot stiffer but if it works I will use it as a spare.

Comment

Shame to have to use it as a spare though after you paid good money for it
            It may of already been faulty when it was new but try what a said 1st to het it back to a fully workin century rather than sittin in the shed £££ down

Comment

century would replace it but they charge half of what the rod costs new but i would give them a ring there in washington they may be able to sort something out.

Comment

there you go give them a ring and explain whats happend they might be able to help

Century Composites Ltd
                58-59 Hutton Close
                Crowther Industrial Estate
                Washington
                Tyne & Wear
                NE38 0AH
                United Kingdom (Registered Office)

(0044) 191 415 5962

info@century.gb.com

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
                  Shame to have to use it as a spare though after you paid good money for it
                  It may of already been faulty when it was new but try what a said 1st to het it back to a fully workin century rather than sittin in the shed £££ down
                  Aye David money is tight at the moment mate, I may buy a new top section if the price is right and i dont have to sell myself to get one. LOL cheers

Comment

Originally posted by endurothumpers View Post
                    there you go give them a ring and explain whats happend they might be able to help

Century Composites Ltd
                    58-59 Hutton Close
                    Crowther Industrial Estate
                    Washington
                    Tyne & Wear
                    NE38 0AH
                    United Kingdom (Registered Office)

(0044) 191 415 5962

info@century.gb.com
                    Cheers I will call them and see what its going to cost.
                    Thanks for the contact details mate, nice one

Comment

Working...
                    X