Beach Shelters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Shelters

Hi lads, thinking of buying a beach shelter anyone got one of these, what make, are they any good? or am I gettin soft.

I used to use mine every trip when fishing the shingle beaches down south, since moving home I've used it once. Don't think its that I've reverted back to northern manliness, more that they are not as easy to use on beaches up here as they are on the shingle. They are great though when it's raining / sleeting.

You won't go far wrong with the Ron Thompson, had mine for years and it is well used and still waterproof. You can get them for about £45 - £50 new. If you've got more money to spend then the Ian Golds Igloo is excellent and I think easier to use on sandy beaches.
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

cant help u with the shelter but can only agree with MTs statement of shingle ...bought myself a sandspike to use down my local beach ....have no joy using so far on my local beach. was thinking of getting one myself just a cheapy one but think may settle on one of them big umbrellas...
      Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
      Kompressor SS /slosh30
      tt sport /525 mag

Comment

They are very popular down South for fishing off steep shingle beaches. Up here its the tidal movement which puts people off.
        I fished a compo for the Police once down South. Forget which beach it was but it was shingle which dropped right off.
        I got dropped off and went to my peg and noticed the bloke to me left was already set up. He had a beach shelter. He had a tilly lamp inside,rod set up and hooks baited. I can remember it looked like he was sitting in his lounge--especialy when it rained. All i had was my tatty brolley.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Not so much the tide Mick, I've fished plenty of beaches on the south coast where the tide comes in a long way especially Eastney (Portsmouth) where I used to live. It's more they are a right PITA to anchor down on a sandy beach; with shingle you can be set up and solid in a matter of minutes, sand is much more fiddly to build up on the anchor flaps.
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

ian golds igloo

I have a igloo, it is excellent when erected, nice and high ( I am 6'5)however if trying to put up in wind on your own it is hard work. This is the only shelter I have used so can't compare to others.the igloo is easy to erect ( literaly lift 1 pole and all 3 poles lock in). the problem I had was keeping hold of the shelter in the wind while trying to securec down, the wind was maybe 10mph. If you fish with a mate I would say go for this as it is an excellent shelter and 2 people can sit in it comfortably.

Comment

Beach Shelters

Cheers lads thanks for the advice

Comment

i just put me tshirt back on..................

Comment

Originally posted by mad john View Post
                  i just put me tshirt back on..................
                  Pmsl u really are mad
                  Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Working...
                  X